The NASA region’s EDI agenda has progressed with positive engagement from across the North America region. We value equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our business and with our clients and suppliers. The EDI Manager will help us to mature our approach to EDI in line with our new global vision, strategy and regional priorities, building on our success to date.
The preference is for the role to be based in Iselin, NJ (North America HQ), but will consider applications from candidates in other MM US locations.
In order to deliver meaningful, authentic and sustainable change this role will report to the Regional General Manager and partner with the Group Head of Inclusion and Responsibility. They will also be supported by HR leadership, the EDI committee, and our internal, EDI Advance network.
What you will do
The EDI Manager will work closely with our Global Head of Inclusion and Responsibility, senior leaders in this region including HR and the regional EDI ‘Advance’ network to provide the strategic thought leadership needed to mature our approach to EDI. They will focus on securing the foundations needed for sustained progress including improving our approach to collecting and reporting on diversity data. They will then need to build consensus on what our data and other benchmarking activities tell us our EDI priorities should be. They will have considerable scope to identify priorities through engagement with colleagues from diverse groups within the region. They will also need to coach and build the confidence of our senior teams to play their part in the EDI conversation and to understand and embed the regional business case. Crucially they can then work with key stakeholders to create and deliver a regional EDI action plan. The plan will enable our region to make progress alongside other regions towards delivery of our global vision while being cognizant of local legislative, cultural issues and business priorities.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of translating the Group EDI Strategy into a region-specific action plan, aligned to other regions, and reflecting regional priorities.
- Lead the regional approach to EDI data and disclosure
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders to build a more diverse workforce that better reflects – within teams and at all levels – the communities we serve and a more open, welcoming, fair, equitable and inclusive organization. –
- Adopt a multiple disciplinary approach to change – working with colleagues in HR, talent, learning, leadership, reward, communications, analytics, and recruitment.
- Collaborating with and growing our EDI Advance groups and committees to build trust and engagement and ultimately help to make our organization a great place to work for everyone.
- Provide advice to colleagues in relation to EDI queries from inside and outside the business.
- Research and create inclusive communication materials for internal and social medias.
- Identify and complete benchmarking, peer learning and showcasing opportunities where relevant and useful in driving forward change.
- Design policies and embed EDI considerations into organizational processes.
- Work closely with our management and leadership development programs and carry out EDI reviews / Disparate Impact Analyses of our process for identifying and promoting senior talent.
- Support collation of best practice materials for inclusion in bid submissions.
- Support our CSR initiatives and our Social Outcomes Practice.
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- Knowledge of key developments, best practice and research in the field of workplace EDI.
- Knowledge of wider societal EDI issues impacting on EDI outcomes in the workplace.
- Knowledge of change management techniques and how to deploy these to make progress.
- Knowledge of regional EDI related legislation and codes and how these differ across states.
- Understanding of the complexities of working for a global organization and the nuances this brings to delivering the EDI agenda.
- Experience of influencing others to play their part in driving forward progress on EDI.
- Experience of designing organizational change programs and delivering through others, including employee networks.
- Experience of building successful relationships, advising business leaders and engaging with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience of working collaboratively, building networks and positively engaging with colleagues and other stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Data driven and able to develop key success measures that drive change.
- Design learning and development activities for the business.
- Have undertaken the above responsibilities and demonstrated the above knowledge in a similar role.
Mott MacDonald ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you have limited English proficiency and would like more information or have a disability and need an accommodation to access our website, please contact us. We are happy to explore flexibility in the role with an agreed work pattern to suit the business’ and candidate’s needs.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence