We are seeking a scientist to join our team in Seattle, Washington. Mott MacDonald’s water resources and flooding team delivers services to clients including water companies, environmental regulators, and governmental bodies, helping them manage, model and regulate their water resources.
You will work on a diverse range of projects. Our projects range from remedial investigations/feasibility studies and cleanups to Superfund sediments allocation and forensics. We perform technical analysis of data from some of the largest Superfund sites nationally. Our strong reputation allows us to choose projects that are interesting and offer technical challenges. Demand for these services continues to grow, and we are looking for a talented environmental scientist to bolster our existing team. We will provide appropriate training and mentorship to assist you in your journey towards professional qualification, and support you in developing your career in the way that best suits your skills and aspirations.
We are looking for someone to join our team with the following required qualifications:
- Master’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, environmental engineering or related field
- Background in environmental remediation, aqueous geochemistry, and environmental geochemistry
- Knowledge of fate and transport of organics and metals, chemical forensics, data science, data visualization, and statistics
- Strong writing and verbal ability
- Ability to discern what is important, to observe important details, to integrate details into a global understanding, and to communicate that information
- Good organizational skills
- Strong self-initiation
- Eagerness to assist in field efforts, analysis, and reporting
Additional knowledge and skills that would be desirable include:
- Superfund sediment site experience
- Environmental sampling techniques, statistics, modeling, medium to large data management, data analysis (knowledge of R or Python)
- Pacific Northwest experience
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Environment, Water and wastewater