Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking/ securities/ investment management and wealth management services. The Firms employees serve clients worldwide including corporations/ governments and individuals from more than 1/200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader/ the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together/ we share a common set of values rooted in integrity/ excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn/ to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles/ perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firms internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firms compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring/ as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders/ while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit is comprised of Business/ Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes/ including systems development/ application security and entitlements/ production management/ and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding/ analyzing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.
Background on the Position
Morgan Stanley is seeking an audit professional for its Risk Management audit team. The successful candidate will work within the Internal Audit departments Risk Management Audit team on audits of Credit Risk Management or Market Risk Management.
- Assess inherent business risks and determine if key controls exist to mitigate those risks
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis in the areas of Credit or Market Risk
- Evaluate the adequacy of design and effectiveness of key controls and potential business concerns
- Document the results of work performed. The extent of documentation would include proper cross-referencing/ checklists/ indexing/ documentation maintenance/ documented exception follow-up procedures/ etc.
- Develop audit findings and document business concerns/ risks/ root causes/ and recommendations in writing for inclusion in the Audit Report. Present/communicate observations to line management. Secure formal management responses to audit recommendations
- Hold follow-up meetings concerning open audit actions with line management quarterly
Skills Required (essential)
- Three to five years of experience in auditing risk management in a bank or broker / dealer regulated environment
- A four year college degree in a business discipline (e.g./ finance/ economics/ accounting)
Oct 12, 2021
Americas-United States of America-New York-New York