Full Job Description
Moda Health is seeking an Actuarial Analyst who will be responsible for performing actuarial services under general supervision. Actuarial areas may include but are not limited to: pricing for commercial business and Medicare Advantage, reserving and financial reporting, forecasting, and supporting Medicaid services. We are seeking an entry level candidate that has passed 1 – 3 actuarial exams.
- Compiles and verifies data, updates and distributes a variety of routine reports, and produces various levels of ad hoc analysis and modeling work.
- Collaborates with other actuarial staff to determine appropriate rate actions to maintain profitability.
- Assists in rate filing process and other compliance activities required by State and Federal law.
- Supports the development and maintenance of pricing models used by Underwriting.
- Performs financial forecasting and scenario modeling under direction of supervisor to evaluate and ensure company financial health.
- Conducts formula reviews and other peer reviews of analysis and reports produced by teammates.
- Interprets and communicates results of analyses to supervisor and other actuarial staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other closely related field. 2. 0 – 2 years of experience in actuarial role or health insurance industry. 3. Passed 1 -3 actuarial exams administered by SOA, actively pursuing ASA designation. 4. Basic knowledge of actuarial principles, concepts, practices and processes, and ability to apply in a variety of settings 5. Technical proficiency with data manipulation, analysis, and visualization tools, such as Excel, SQL, SAS, R, Tableau, and/or Power BI. 6. Strong analytical and communication skills. 7. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with constantly changing priorities. 8. Project a professional image and maintain complete confidentiality.