Full Job Description
1st Century Bank, a division of MidFirst Bank, is a full service community bank catering to small to medium size businesses and professionals on the Westside of Los Angeles. The Bank’s core principles are flexibility, responsiveness, and the ability to create tailored solutions, coupled with its commitment to provide exception customer service. We tailor financial strategies to meet the unique needs and business demands of our clients. Our clients are real people, with real dreams, and their success is our greatest achievement. For more information, please visit our website at www.1cbank.com.
This position will be a part of the Relationship Management team. The successful candidate will learn and apply general underwriting responsibilities, client relationship development, portfolio maintenance, and business development skills. This position is considered an entry into the relationship manager or credit executive and will include extensive training to advance into a successful banker. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure credit portfolio has the required updated financials and is meeting compliance guidelines.
- Obtain financial and other information; coordinates the financial analysis; draws the appropriate conclusions and identify key risks to the Bank; recommends terms and conditions such as rates, collateral, guarantees, and loan agreements.
- Assist relationship managers with initial loan structures, pre-underwriting, pricing models, and deposit relationship pro-forma.
- Liaise with other business units internally to ensure client needs are met and to contribute to developing solutions and products that will ensure 1st Century Bank’s leading edge.
- Partners with Relationship Managers to promote all bank products and services to establish total client banking relationship.
- Monitors and analyzes relationship and accounts with clients in portfolio. Determines overall profitability of relationship and recommends how to further develop. Prepares various reports for management.
- Maintains an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in the market area.
- Exercises sound credit and risk judgment in approving transactions. Recommends approval when transaction size exceeds authority limits.
- MBA or Masters in Finance required.
- Strong financial analysis and business acumen skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent marketing skills which are essential for cross selling.
- One year of intermediate accounting and business development experience strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage client relationships.
- Exhibit good listening and verbal communication to effectively interact with clients and Bank employees in person, over the telephone and email.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.