- Job number 1131973
- Travel 0-25 %
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more. We are going after three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
We are looking for an HR professional who is able to drive and deliver strategic initiatives across 60,000+ employees based in over 100 countries. As part of the HR team supporting Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions you will have the opportunity to lead critical strategic workstreams across the organization, helping to evolve our sales operating model and go to market strategy, and land value for our customers and partners.
You will plan and implement critical initiatives for the Geo-MCAPs HR team in partnership with the MCAPS Strategy & Operations team. This will require you to be heavily involved in shaping strategic priorities, change management activities, and landing key programs. This role will work across the Geo – MCAPS HR Leadership team to drive and land at-scale initiatives. Candidates must have strong business acumen, systems thinking, project management, and ability to influence across a complex set of stakeholders.
- In partnership with HR leaders and/or business leaders, leads the holistic organizational planning (i.e., talent, structure, culture, process) based on business needs. Ensures the alignment of organizational design with business goals and leverages existing plans and tools.
- Leverages and adapts system models, uses diagnostics and data to analyze organizational problems, and leads improvements in talent pyramid, talent management processes/programs, employee satisfaction/engagement, and organizational effectiveness of the client organization. Partners with leaders in business and HR disciplines (e.g., Talent Management, Organization Development, HR Business Insights), and in-house consulting resources to address issues and gaps, and design and implement solutions that ensure organizational effectiveness and health within and beyond own organization.
- Integrates disparate sources of information together based on the analyses provided by HR Business Insights. Interprets data, identifies trends/themes, and presents trends to senior leadership. Makes connections with the business as well as the broader system and HR community to identify if issues are systemic or acute. Provides recommendations about strategy and goals, outlines action plans, and frames data in a way that influences the adoption of action plans.
Change Design & Orchestration
- Defines the direction and scope of change and leads changes to new or existing programs or processes for a client, organization, or time zone. Instills advanced, large-scale, and/or complex change management plans in structure (leadership or organizational), cultural change, or programs/processes (e.g., training, talent movement). Fosters change with business leaders and related disciplines, and facilitates change implementation throughout the organization to make the most of organizational assets and strategic decisions.
- Supports and guides organizational leadership team on their business and culture transformation process. Applies understanding of internal and external business drivers to guide the leadership team through ongoing business evolution and changing ways of working. Collaborates with business leaders or HR partners to develop effective global change-management strategies.
- Collaborates with business leaders to identify business priorities. Leverages the all-up HR People Plan to build consistency across the company. Ensures the alignment of the people plan, people programs, and tools with business strategic goals. Acts as an HR expert across the company and/or the industry to advise on the development and implementation of the holistic people plan (e.g., talent management, leadership effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, culture).
Strategic Talent Management
- Identifies and predicts current and future talent needs. Influences the design and implementation of strategic talent management solutions (e.g., planning, movement, development) in partnership with Talent Management and business leadership. Applies knowledge of the future direction of the organization to guide talent assessment and make decisions on talent needs and solutions (e.g., whether to build, buy, or borrow talent). Partners across organizations to share and understand how talent within own organization relates to and impacts the broader talent landscape.
- Develops strategic talent plans and ensure the alignment with organizational strategy, data (e.g., attrition rates, hiring trends) and budgets. Leverages Total Rewards to analyze the market competitiveness of the client organization’s compensation and identifies strategies to harness the appropriate fiscal levers for driving engagement and retention.
- Partners with the Talent Management and Talent Development Management (TDM) to design talent movement plans for critical roles based on talent capability gaps/needs. Drives the identification of potential successors using deep business or industry insights and data, and ensures opportunities are provided (e.g., developmental plans, growth experiences) to ready successors. Establishes talent pipeline to accommodate future talent needs.
- Identifies strategies to influence the talent development plans and programs. Establishes a roadmap for talent development to build capabilities across levels. Leverages and adapts Talent, Learning, and Insights (TLI) solutions to optimize core and pivotal talent. May work with Readiness on the onboarding, training and development of talent in the go to market space.
- Leads the partnership with Diversity and Inclusion to develop Diversity and Inclusion plans for a business and drive ‘vital few’ programmatic efforts. Ensures the integration of local and business perspectives into the Diversity and Inclusion plan to increase workforce diversity and inclusion. Partners with Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) to ensure alignment on the Diversity and Inclusion and strategic talent plans, to define a recruiting culture, and to reinforce leader cultivation of external talent and to build high quality slates.
Leadership & Team Performance
- Provides oversight and insight for the top leaders at Microsoft. Leverages business understanding to connect leadership effectiveness plans with the broader Microsoft ecosystem. Interprets metrics to monitor and ensure leadership performance. Contracts for and provides executive coaching at the most senior levels of the organization to improve leadership capability, resolve leadership gaps, and drive business results. Coaches managers and leaders to facilitate organizational change and model an inclusive environment.
- Designs and manages implementation of interventions that improve leadership and team performance to achieve strategic objectives across business groups. Drives and collaborates with a variety of functions on leadership capability, and supports effective leadership team and/or other decision making bodies on critical issues. Identifies strategies and action plans to transform leaders and teams to embody leadership principles.
Strategy Clarity & Alignment
- Consults business executive teams in creating and translating business strategies to improve business results for an organization. Provides strategy analysis to understand the implications of strategic choices within and across organizations. Leads their team to develop, apply, and align people and organizational priorities with organization vision and execution. Ensures that the people strategies and organizational strategies are effective to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Leads the efforts to identify gaps in the execution of business strategies and consults business leadership on clarifying and executing business strategies as an HR expert. Leads their team to develop and implement interventions. Ensures the interventions improve the clarity of business strategies and address the gaps in strategy execution.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.