Full Job Description
The Consumer Office suite of products and services is a key focus and investment area for Microsoft. The portfolio is centered around Microsoft 365, a large consumer subscription service which helps people make the most of their time, connect, and protect the ones they love.
The Consumer Office Finance Team is chartered with building and sustaining a high growth business. The team helps establish and drive both tactical and strategic business execution, assesses business performance, generates critical insights, forms investment and trade-off decisions, and shapes our business transformation.
This role is focused on all phases of a subscriber’s lifecycle, from acquisition, usage and engagement through renewal, and collaborates deeply with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Marketing. This individual will develop insights and recommendations triangulating between customer needs, competitive landscape, product roadmap, and financial/KPI evaluation.
- Contributes to analysis of present and future financial performance of various products, segments or other businesses. Assists more senior team members to conduct analysis and research studies of financial plans, acquisition activity, and future opportunities.
- Assists in the execution of annual business planning and forecasting process. Gathers insight and contributes to analysis and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles.
- Provides support to peers and counterparts during financial close periods. Prepares recurring financial reporting, forecasts, and presentations, and updates as necessary through the reporting cycles. Determines financial results (e.g., revenue, profitability, OPEX) compared to expected budget and projections. Identifies variances to provide insights to management and inform future projections.
- Serves as Finance contact for partners for all revenue, expense, and compliance questions related to reporting and analysis. Contributes insights for financial plans, variance analysis, resource optimization, investments, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), long range planning, and driving margin accountability. Manages and executes processes through engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Learns and applies the foundational aspects of Microsoft Finance (e.g., financial systems, policies and procedures, key metrics, historical performance, reporting and forecast requirements) and business (e.g., monetization strategy, market, key drivers of profitability) to collect information, perform technical analysis and modeling, and complete standardized reporting. Understands strategies to proactively mitigate, or reactively address, potential adverse effects of macroeconomic and/or geopolitical risks, and proposes solutions.
- Assembles and summarizes data through data mining and business intelligence to structure reports and financial models for decision support. Leverages statistical analysis, predictive analytics and financial modeling techniques to conduct sophisticated analyses. Acts as subject-matter-expert for data management and operations. Understands history of data procurement, location, methods, issues, and actions taken.
- Improves current methods used in collecting data, developing automated financial reporting and forecasting tools, and creating standard and ad-hoc reports. Learns how advanced technology is leveraged in Finance and across Microsoft to provide greater depth of analysis.
- Communicates recurring and ad-hoc results in a logical and understandable message.
- Understands customer credit capacity needs, drives and supports customer satisfaction initiatives, addresses customer and stakeholder queries, and represents Microsoft positively. Engages with customers throughout the process of managing risk and collecting cash. Handles escalation issues when necessary. Negotiates solutions in situations of financial Escalates collections disputes to the proper action owner. Seeks feedback from customers and uses it to improve processes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Supports questions regarding documentation, policy adherence, and requirements. Recommends approved instruments and processes. Remains current on all company policies and procedures and updates others.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.