# of Openings
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled.
What you will enjoy doing:
As one of our account managers, you will increase territory profitability and revenue through an in depth understanding of your territory consisting of bulk gases, and equipment. As our account manager you will leverage Messer North America resources and processes to disqualify the competitive alternatives. Your primary responsibility will be to attain gross profit growth year on year by increasing revenue and profitability. You will:
Increase territory profitability and revenue through in depth understanding of territory.
- Maintain overall territory business strategy to proactively plan and measure success
- Manage contract expiration dates of agreement within territory
- Achieves price increases within territory
Prospecting from multiple sources to develop new business
- Prospect and generate leads to develop new business, including a blend of cold calls, trade show, internal/external sources and additional use with existing customers
- Allocate time to network, qualify and follow up on leads
- Engage commercial development when appropriate
Consistent use of Messer North America Pro Sales Tools
- Qualify prospects to establish/evaluate stage to determine viability and appropriate time investment Complete up to date opportunity roadmaps and account action plans
Deep Customer & Competitor Insight
- Understand customer values/priorities, business issues, and economic factors
- Accurately identifies prospect/customer account influencers and decision makers across sales process and records decision maker
Do you have what it takes?
You will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, finance, or technical discipline
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the industrial, sales, or commercial gas industry (preferred) – chemical or other manufacturing
- Must be able to travel 40-50% of the time.
- A high level of critical and innovative thinking, questioning skills are required to uncover issues and create value for customers
- A sense of urgency and responsiveness to take immediate action to resolve customer issues is required.
- Must have a demonstrated sales track record of deep customer insight, knowledge of competitive landscape, growing revenue, prospecting, negotiation, and closing abilities desired.
- Strong business and financial acumen, proficient presentation skills and sound planning/organizing skills are essential.
- Must be a self-starter, goal and achievement driven and able to perform through self and others.
- PC skills required including SalesForce or CRM equivalent, Microsoft Office with Excel and PowerPoint
- Messer North America Pro Certification is a plus
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.