Full Job Description
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Vice President – Account Management – Agency Services will fill a leadership role with a large client made up of multiple brands serving five global regions.. They have extensive industry, product and multi-channel marketing experience and are well versed in how to effectively on-board and drive accounts within Merkle’s complex matrix environment. The Vice President – Account Management – Agency Services works closely with Directors/Senior Directors and SME’s from other OGs across several accounts to provide leadership and oversight in overall account planning and delivery. The Vice President – Account Management – Agency Services leads the development of strategic marketing plans. They also lead strategic insights and recommendations from results reporting to continually showcase Merkle’s delivery on our value propositions for our clients. They work closely with the Client Partners to continually confirm the client’s investment is sound while looking for new opportunities to help grow the client relationship and the business.
- Own overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of the clients.
- Effectively manage all commercial aspects of the client relationship including contracts, pricing, profitability, internal revenue and profit forecasting.
- Accurately plan and forecast revenue growth to achieve year over year increases.
- Directs team activities to ensure full collaboration and partnership and leveraging the company’s full complement of resources to support the business.
- Engage with senior level client contacts across all areas of the client’s business on a regular basis, delivering a continuous flow of business-building ideas, while securing relationship and performance feedback.
- Develop and drive account plans, processes, and strategies that improve results for clients, while growing the account portfolio.
- Continually increase knowledge of the client’s business (and industry) often serving as the client’s first line consultant.
- Provide leadership and direction to client teams and business unit personnel, fully leveraging all direct and indirect resources and ensuring optimal levels of productivity, service, communications, & quality in a matrix environment for assigned clients.
- Effectively plan work, communicate changes, and troubleshoot problems, assuring that the client and company commitments are kept.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop proposal/presentation content and strategy for new business pitches.
- Effectively “on-board” new client relationships.
- Proactively work to assure a highly engaged team staffed with top talent. Hires, retains, develops and engages top level talent that inspires the trust and confidence of our clients and in turn becomes the reason why clients want to work with us.
- Relevant undergraduate degree required with advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in digital marketing
- At least 10 years experience presenting to and working with senior level client contacts.
- At least 5 years recent experience in growing and managing complex client relationships in an agency environment.
- Experience in online and off line media and channel engagement.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing teams within a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment.
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.