Mercer’s US Financial Strategy Group is responsible for the development and delivery of Mercer’s intellectual capital around pension risk management; ensuring that clients receive Mercer’s best thinking about investment strategy, funding policy, risk transfer, and journey planning.
The Financial Strategy Group, a Mercer Wealth practice, is looking for an Associate to join our team and will be instrumental in supporting the full spectrum of Mercer’s pension risk consulting!
What can you expect?
- Consultant on 7-10 clients at a given time; performing modeling, running reports, preparing decks, working with other members of the Financial Strategy Group on buyout and journey planning projects for investment and/or actuarial clients
- Works with spreadsheets and various modelling tools to produce detailed numerical analysis of the client’s risk profile and the impact of risk on key financial metrics.
- Able to adapt technical modelling tools for specific client situations and deals with technical queries on the modelling methods and tools used; perform research and integrate findings into modelling.
What’s in it for you?
- We are the global leader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- We offer a generous benefits program
What you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, economics, finance or other business-related areas with strong quantitative and analytical course content or direct relevant experience.
- Active pursuit of Actuarial and/or CFA designations a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working with defined benefit plans within an investment, actuarial, financial strategy, and/or insurance environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Overall good technical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a high proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with investment principles and actuarial calculations
- Self-motivation and an ability to work independently within the construct of a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
We will count on you to:
- Evaluate and analyze client projects holistically, integrating both investment and liability management strategies
- As needed, provide ad hoc support on new business pursuits and proposals
- Ensure all professionalism / compliance standards and processes are understood and followed.
- Actively contribute to FSG specialist research process, FSG tools development and FSG intellectual capital
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.