- University degree in science, math, engineering or other technical disciplines such as data analytics, accounting, etc.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a relevant sustainability field such as climate, decarbonization, energy transition or circular economy
- Experience and training in data analytics tools like Excel, Python, Alteryx, Tableau or other analytical platforms is a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Capability to drive an independent workstream and/or multiple assignments in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our Atlanta, Dallas or Waltham office as part of Sustainability Insights and specifically as a member of McKinsey’s Sustainability Strategy Analytics team.
Sustainability Insights, the asset branch of the Sustainability practice, has a dedicated team that focuses on decarbonization. Sustainability Strategy Analytics (SSA) is the home of decarbonization data, tools and capabilities at McKinsey. We are a team of consultants passionate about sustainability, who specialize in bringing data-driven insights to clients across their decarbonization strategy and transformation journeys. We support clients on decarbonization topics, including sector- and country-wide decarbonization roadmaps, green business building, zero-emissions products, enterprise net-zero strategies and more.
In 2021, we launched McKinsey Sustainability, our new client-service platform with the goal of helping all industry sectors transform to get to net zero by 2050 and to cut carbon emissions by half by 2030. McKinsey Sustainability seeks to be the preeminent impact partner and advisor for our clients, from the board room to the engine room, on sustainability, climate, energy transition, and environmental, social and governance (ESG).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will work with a team of consultants in developing, owning and delivering a suite of decarbonization solutions for our clients.
In this role, you will develop the next wave of McKinsey’s decarbonization capabilities, work closely with clients to identify and implement solutions, build a knowledge base in sustainability and expand your network of sustainability practitioners. You will take ownership of our distinctive suite of tools that address all levels of decarbonization – from an entire country down to an individual product – and develop new asset capabilities. Alongside our client service teams, you will help shape our clients’ strategic sustainability agendas and solve their decarbonization challenges. You will develop into a world-class expert on those perspectives and be a credible thought partner to a broad set of senior stakeholders. As a result, you will not only develop a strong knowledge base but also a deep network of sustainability practitioners.