We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Digital Content
Mastercard is on a mission to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities.
This position will play an important role in continuing to position Mastercard beyond the card. As the organization continues to support and drive all types of payments and the future of fintech, this individual will focus on growing Mastercard’s position as a forward-thinking brand, both on a consumer and business-to-business front.
The Manager, Digital Content, will work closely with Senior Specialists and Communications Directors & SVPs to reinforce the brand’s role as a competitive differentiator. Chief among the responsibilities is a balance of internal and external communications strategy and activities, including, but not limited to: full content lifecycle management—from concept ideation, creative execution, to performance, technical support for the Mastercard Newsroom (Mastercard’s digital storytelling platform), implementing employee engagement programs, leveraging modern data science to improve decision-making relating to the distribution and development of media content, and managing executive visibility programs.
- Partner with global and regional communication teams, marketing, sales, and product and technology teams as required to effectively tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
- Develop and advance the strategy for both internal and external content opportunities
- Responsibility for day-to-day execution of creative for content channels, which covers production disciplines from graphic design, photography to video production, motion design, and web design, ensuring a best-in-class content operation
- Contribute to content operations of graphic design, video, audio, social, branded content, and website design, etc.
- Manage the Global Digital Communications Team social and editorial calendar and align dates cross-functionally with the larger Integrated Marketing and Communications team
- Oversee and maintain quality and consistency of voice and vision across all content channels, ensuring that all content is on brand and aligns with the mission
- Use the latest in communications listening tools and modern data science to improve decision-making relating to the distribution and development of media content
- Develop new ideas for content across channels—including the Mastercard Newsroom, internal and social channels—and engage new platforms
- Leverages proven employee engagement tools and channels to support greater education and awareness
All About You
- Bachelor’s Degree – focus on graphic design, digital content, brand strategy, writing, or journalism a plus
- Strong experience in in content strategy and project management, including development of themes, platforms and creative design
- Proficiency in CMS tools, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and/or Motion Graphic Software
- Experience in graphic and web design, animation, and visual effects
- Extensive social media experience focused on global strategy and program management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
- A self-motivated, quick learner who also has success working collaboratively and deliver results with global team
- A creative thinker who approaches traditional challenges with a fresh view on blending company and partner assets
- Proven track record of interacting with, building consensus across and influencing a variety of internal business units and levels of leadership
- Possesses high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong ability to balance and prioritize needs of multiple stakeholders, while managing to deadlines
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And Therefore, It Is Expected That The Successful Candidate For This Position Must
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security.
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.