Full Job Description
Sr. Project Manager, Delivery
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
Working as part of the Digital Health eCare Deployment team, the Senior Project Manager, Delivery will facilitate, communicate (both verbal and written), build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization to define and manage scope, timelines, and quality project execution while providing support to teams during the scoping, design, implementation and rollout phases of the project, program, and/or portfolio.
Reporting to the Deployment Manager, the Senior Project Manager, Delivery will work across and between DHeC teams to develop cost models for future Epic deployments and to manage current Epic deployment activities including project timelines, issues and risks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with the DHeC Deployment Team and DHeC Application resources helps to drive the estimation, planning, design, development, and rollout of projects conforming to standard project methods, deliverables, and milestones.
- Work with assigned Executive Sponsors, Project Directors, Application Managers, and/or Committees to:
- Create, organize, and maintain team-specific communication and documentation around meeting agendas, meeting minutes, decision documents, etc.
- Create, organize, and maintain project plan based on interactions with project teams
- Support coordination and updates of team plans within integrated program plan, as required
- Identify and facilitate resolution of inter-team dependencies and competing priorities
- Conform to and support program management disciplines such as status reporting, issue log, risk management, program task metrics and milestones
- Produce and provide project stakeholders with timely status reports and lessons learned
- Escalate and resolve issues/risks in a timely and effective manner
- Provide project specific guidance and direction to support timely and quality results
- Monitor adherence to budgeted hours and other resourcing constraints as applicable
- Identify opportunities in conjunction with the Deployment leadership team and Program Management Office (PMO) to leverage program tools, including Workfront functionality, to support team specific communication and documentation
- Assist with improvement of standard project management methods and tools, where applicable
- Work with PeC Application Teams to define and refine pre-implementation questionnaires to be used for initial scope definition and cost estimating
- Work with Application Teams to define tasks, hour estimates and fixed and variable drivers that impact cost and resourcing
- Work with Entity to gather pre-implementation questionnaire data
- Coordinate with management in developing overall estimates and budget for future Deployments
- Perform project cost analysis and forecast actual costs and future commitments
- Monitor adherence to budgeted hours and other resourcing constraints as applicable
- Documents project status updates accurately, and with a focus on pertinent details
- Anticipates project reporting needs and assists in gathering necessary information for program change requests including scope change requests
- Identifies and communicates project dependencies, both internal and external to assess risk and align all project dates in one critical path
- Coordinates and prepares for Go-Live Readiness sessions leading up to a go-live
- Provides direction to junior staff around DHeCare Delivery standards, expectations and methodologies
- Leverages subject matter expertise to operate as a utility team player as project needs arise
- Establish and create a positive project team environment
- Use the MGB HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a clinical or technical field.
- Master’s degree in business, project management, clinical or technical field, preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in project management, preferably within a healthcare environment
- PMP or other PM certification preferred
- Epic experience (certification, proficiency, or as a user) is a plus
- Experience managing package implementations, or the software development lifecycle is a plus
- Able to craft effective communication strategies, suitable for any level of the organization, motivating and/or persuading as applicable
- Able to transform any document into a presentation, and can engage any audience anticipating questions, and concerns dynamically shifting as needed to ensure consistent engagement
- Able to assess and effectively respond to various communication styles; understand varying/conflicting points of view; and predict the needs and motivations of other parties
- Able to establish and foster a positive work environment, build constructive relationships, and proactively identify and mitigate conflict, diffusing high-tension situations with ease
- Understands and facilitates the team building processes, while identifying and leveraging team member strengths
- Can identify complex or risky deliverables and determine how to best manage and produce them in a timely manner and can mentor others in this space
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Understanding of project/program management disciplines and tools, and the skills necessary to apply them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent innovation capabilities and the ability to think outside the box.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills within, across and outside of an organization.
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable within a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements, while still supporting the organization to progress forwards.
- No direct reports but must be able to manage indirect resources who are participating in project
- May indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
- Awareness of budget and implications for project
- Facilitates regular reviews and analysis of budget vs actual estimates and costs
- Primarily remote, occasional travel to Assembly Row.
- Possible local travel to Mass General Brigham sites
- As projects and priorities dictate, must be available to work non-standard business hours such as evening, nights, weekends, and holidays if/when necessary.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location MA-Somerville-MGB Assembly Row
Work Locations MGB Assembly Row 399 Revolution Drive Somerville 02145
Organization Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department PHS Partners eCare
Job Posting Nov 5, 2021
Mass General Brigham