Manager Donor Relations and Stewardship
Mgr Donor Relations and Stewardship
MLK Community Hospital & Foundation
1680 E. 120th St.
United States of America
If you are interested please apply online and send your resume to NOrozco@mlkch.org
Responsible for implementing an institution-wide comprehensive donor relations and stewardship program that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. The position requires excellent collaborative skills to be applied with all advancement staff, including frontline fund raisers and partners across the Foundation and Medical System . S/he must have the ability to oversee donor stewardship activities and events, and draft written materials to aid in the institution’s efforts to educate, cultivate, and recognize donors. This position, an integral part of the Foundation’s advancement efforts, offers the opportunity to apply creative and critical thinking skills in a wide range of communications and stewardship projects that connect the Foundation with its current and prospective benefactors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with the Foundation and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Develop and assess policies and procedures across the division and foundation that are essential for a comprehensive donor relations program.
- Oversee a systematic and integrated donor relations and stewardship program that encompasses donor recognition events, endowed position celebrations, and building-naming dedications. Responsible for consistent, accurate, and appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects and donors.
- Proactively support the stewardship responsibilities of the development staff by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for donors in their portfolios.
- Work collaboratively with Foundation staff to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, engage featured program participants, create programs and provide program materials, prepare program scripts and participant remarks (as needed) and create and/or obtain donor awards and recognitions.
- Recommend and facilitate publicity of major gifts and donors with hospital communication and marketing staff. Advise on and facilitate the recognition of donors in both print and Web-based publications.
- Contribute donor and gift information for the Annual Report, oversee production of the donor roll, determine the report recipients, and facilitate the distribution of such reports .
- Provide writing and editorial support, advisement and leadership for the Foundation’s stewardship and donor communications efforts, such as gift agreements, gift renewal letters, special communications, and stewardship plans and letters.
- Follow and promote the ethical guidelines set forth in the Association of Donor Relations for Advancement (ADRP), the Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), the CASE Donor Bill of Rights, and the CASE Ethics Guidelines. Stay abreast of privacy issues as they relate to Donor Relations.
- Will perform other development activities as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience is required; higher education
- experience is preferred. Candidates with fundraising, event management, and writing experience will be given strong preference. Education/experience equivalents considered.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Familiarity with the Association of Donor Relations for Advancement (ADRP), the Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), the CASE Donor Bill of Rights, and the CASE Ethics Guidelines.
- Well-developed customer-service orientation.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines at one time.
- Understanding of philanthropy as it relates to higher education.
- Ability to use discretion in working with confidential and sensitive data.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills with demonstrated attention to
- detail and ability to relate to individuals at varying levels internally and externally.
- History of success developing and managing relationships with major donors, prospects, or investors.
- Computer software skills, including Microsoft Office and knowledge of integrated client database systems are preferred.
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, and decision-making.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.