Important note to candidates:
Please note that our application system will be unavailable from November 1st to November 8th as we move to a new software to provide an enhanced experienced to our candidates. If you have applied to a job recently, we kindly ask you to re-apply after November 8th so we may consider your application.
Thank you for your patience as we make these new and exciting changes!
Mars Wrigley North America is on a journey to transform and create tomorrow’s business by re-imagining our growth model, shaping clear strategic choices, and implementing foundational cultural changes through new capabilities and simplified ways of working. As a Segment, we have embarked on a unique opportunity to reset our business and “Reinvent the Future of our Treating and Snacking Business”. It is an excitement moment to be part of the team who will reimagine how do we win with our consumers; lead the categories we operate and positively impact our communities.
To enable the Mars Wrigley Reinvention, we have defined the critical people priorities which are informed by our Global People Enterprise Strategy. The incumbent of the role will program manage and co-lead transversal MWNA people initiatives, which aim to accelerate progress in the following areas:
- Driving cultural transformation through deploying the Reinvention Growth Mindsets & Behaviors
- Developing talent and building enterprise capabilities (Leadership, Digital & Data & Analytics)
- Enhancing organizational effectiveness through data & insights and simplification
- Leading regional change management activities for the Reinvention
- Building an engaging and vibrant business workplace through deploying agile ways of future working
In driving these goals, the Regional P&O BP will work closely with the VP P&O, Regional President MW, NALT, P&O Business Partners and Centers of Expertise. This leader will use data & analytics, insights, and interventions to accelerate key strategies and work closely with workstream leaders to support execution of plans and milestones creating the impact and culture we desire, at pace.
This P&O leader will also have the responsibility to act as a P&O Business Partner for P&O and other transformational initiatives on an as-needed basis. The incumbent of this role will also be the connection point with MW Global to deploy these strategic people initiatives.
The Regional P&O BP will focus on gathering data available in MyP&O and CoEs, to generate relevant insights applicable for MWNA. The incumbent will work in collaboration with other P&O BPs in support of leveraging organizational effectiveness, to generate long-term enterprise talent interventions (including workforce planning and assessing future business capabilities.)
In addition, they will work closely with the I&D Director for MW to develop and project manage the plan to increase the representation of minorities in succession plans.
This role is based in Newark, NJ.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field is required. MS/MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience.
- Experience developing and executing people strategies at an enterprise level
- Experience leading enterprise-wide cultural change initiatives, enrolling senior leaders and line managers in broad and specific changes, and implementing agile ways of working to deliver greater consumer value.
- Proven track record in leading large scale and complex change management around culture, talent, and organizational development.
- Strong program and project management capabilities; chartering, developing, and tracking KPIs, using data & analytics to develop insights to evolve, escalating and resolving tensions
- Demonstrated experience using the organizational development life cycle (hypothesis, data, analytics insights, diagnosis, creation of strategy or intervention, deployment, measure and sustain)
- Demonstrated capability in leading large-scale change management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking and decision making skills, using a comprehensive approach with strong attention to detail
- Excellent business acumen / business experience and organizational agility
- Strong consulting skills and ability to influence decisions in matrix organization
- Ability to effectively manage and work within ambiguity and prioritize on business needs and resources
- Role model the Five Principles and recognized strengths in integrity, trust, and credibility in past experiences
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Partnering with P&O VP & Business Partners and Senior Business Leaders to develop and lead multi-year strategies focused on making work easier through data & digitization, far more agile ways of working, cultural transformation of mindset & behaviors, accelerating growth capabilities and talent.
- Lead and drive program management of all MW Enterprise People Strategies. Partner closely with the P&O Business Partners and people strategy workstream leaders to ensure initiatives are on track and delivering intended impact.
- Use Organizational Development (OD) principles, data analytics and insights to assess organizational and talent health and deploy rigorous people and talent strategies to support business growth and associate development. Develop and engage in appropriate OD interventions that strengthen the health of the organization and enable a high-performance culture.
- Work closely with MyP&O and Centers of Expertise (ex. Rewards, Talent, E,I&D, Health & Wellbeing etc.) to collaboratively design and deploy unique and specific interventions to our strategies and initiatives.
- Lead enterprise workforce planning process for the enterprise; partner with executive team and P&O business partners to develop and deploy a multi-year talent demand plan aligned to the Mars Wrigley people strategy.
- Lead the deployment of the Future of Work workstream for Mars Wrigley North America.
- Partner closely with the VP P&O and Sr. P&O Business Partners to drive P&O team effectiveness. In collaboration with Mars U, drive business partnering capability building. Drive “outside-in” mindset in P&O, by partnering closely with leading thinkers, organizations, and collaborative thought leaders outside Mars
- Work in collaboration with Corporate Affairs to leverage segment purpose and drive engagement initiatives which will reflect the essence of our purpose “Better moments make the world smile” – Care, connect & celebratory moments.
- Lead the efforts to deploy the Reinvention Growth Mindsets & Behaviors to transform the way Associates think and behave. Work in collaboration with MW Global Culture and Change Director, contributing to shape the cultural change agenda.
- Support P&O VP in creating the content and materials to communicate and engage the organization with people strategies at Regional Broadcasts, Townhalls and cross-segment information exchanges.
- Role model the Five Principles every day; creating a culture of responsibility, performance, and growth mindset throughout the organization
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive compensation package including generous benefits (i.e., 401k, health, etc.)
- Commitment to our Purpose and our Five Principles.
- An environment where all Associates feel valued, supported and comfortable being themselves at work.
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Mars, Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Mars) do not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Mars and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Mars will be deemed the sole property of Mars and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Mars.