JOB TITLE: Marketing Associate
REPORTS TO: Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
DATE: August 2021
POSITION OVERVIEW: The part-time (17.5-20 hrs/week) Marketing Associate is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to the JCC’s groundbreaking Cancer and Parkinson’s Care initiatives. Note: this position will be part-virtual and part in-person.
- Develop seasonal program marketing strategy, including detailed advertising plans and timelines for program areas/accounts in collaboration with program directors.
- Work closely with the Managing Director of Marketing to support, publicize, and facilitate special projects, ongoing classes, and events related to the Cancer Care and Parkinson’s program areas.
- Maintain, oversee, and promote a YouTube channel dedicated to the area.
- Serve as marketing liaison to Development (fundraising) dept for your areas.
- Conduct outreach to partner organizations for specific events and programs.
- Manage budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts.
- Oversee development of internal and external print and electronic marketing materials’including mailings, posters, seasonal guides, and flyers; as well as print and digital advertising (email, web, paid & organic social media, Google Adwords)
- Work in close collaboration with internal design team and freelance designer
- Oversee web page content for program accounts, and maintain area’s digital content library
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing strategies via Google Analytics and other metrics.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with others, both in the marketing department and other areas of the JCC
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Meticulously organized self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to write creative and effective marketing copy under deadline
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure
- Fiscally minded, able to manage and maintain multiple budgets
- Ability to analyze/interpret data from campaign results to set (and reset) priorities and pivoting on strategy as needed
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning eye towards messaging and design
- Out-of-the-box thinker and doer
- Sense of humor essential
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one-year post-collegiate experience, preferably in a marketing/ communications account management at a nonprofit and/or in-house at a company or agency environment
Pluses: interest in marketing for non-profits in medical or rehabilitation-related fields.
PAY RANGE: $26-29/hour, commensurate with experience
PREFERRED START DATE: ASAP
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.