JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Shaida Etheart Date: 9/3/2021
The Human Resources Assistant position provides general administrative assistance to the Director of Human Resources and the Director of Benefits. This position entails heavy data entry as well as maintaining and updating the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Assists in the recruitment process. Initiates all new hire paperwork and related follow-up. Handles correspondence with applicants if paperwork is incomplete.
- Maintains updated records in the HRIS of all open and closed positions and all active and inactive employees
- Schedules HR onboarding training and cultural orientation training
- Schedules exit interviews, updates all related HR documents for all terminations and notifies technology and web departments of necessary updates.
- Support with staff development and career support training and workshops
- Assists with the planning of staff events
- Works closely with HR Director in document preparation, dissemination, and record-keeping for annual performance evaluations.
- Conducts research regarding wage and hour and other labor-related legal updates and HR policy development and amendments
- Overseeing meetings coordinating management-employee communications
- Continuously learn the latest HR best practices to improve workplace efficiency
- Maintain HR-related automated systems and applications, including automated containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic charts
- Provides general office support services including but not limited to handling incoming and outgoing mail; answering phones; responding to correspondence from Unemployment Insurance, banks, and creditors; providing letters of employment to staff, etc.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status change
- Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with HRIS system, Excel, Gmail, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
Associates degree (preferred)
Minimum 1-2 years prior related work experience, preferable in a Human Resources Department
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.