Accounting & Finance Littlefield, Texas
Ready for a meaningful career in criminal justice? At the Texas Civil Commitment Center in Littlefield, Texas we provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping offenders gain valuable skills necessary for success upon release. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, $65,000 per year, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, education and tuition assistance, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day!
Reports to the facility administrator. Directly supervises the clerks and property/supply coordinator. Responsible for the overall management of the business office which includes accounting, payroll, and purchasing commissary and property supply in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative activities of the department.
- Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and implement department and personnel changes as approved by the facility administrator and coordinated with the human resources manager prior to implementation.
- Develop facility budget; monitor and control expenditures. Review and recommend changes to budget authorizations.
- Develop and implement new and revised policies and procedures affecting the finance area. Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
- Establish financial acquisition controls and evaluate potential program expenditures. Manage the efforts of the procurement area in administration of subcontracts for services and rentals.
- Develop budgets, financial forecasts, projections and cost analyses as a basis for negotiating contracts for the facility, support programs and for renewal and amendments to existing contracts.
- Ensure compliance with established budgets, purchase limitations, travel restrictions and general contract limitations. Maintain stability and consistency with MTC goals and objectives.
- Oversee purchasing activities including the management of the property, proper record keeping and reporting of equipment and consumable supplies.
- Responsible for all payroll functions for the facility.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field and two (2) years related experience, one (1) of which should be in a supervisory capacity. Experience with automated accounting systems and computer proficiency are also required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements, if approved by corporate finance and regional vice president. Valid driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check. #ZR
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran