Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
The Madison Mallards are seeking a full time intern to assist with Accounting and Finance for the Summer 2022 Northwoods League season.
- Assist in getting the facility prepared for event season
- Maintain Square POS equipment for all ballpark events including the distribution/collection of devices and in-game support to cashiers
- Prepare post-game revenue reports for distribution to management
- Work with Ticketing, F&B, and HR departments to collect data for the post-game revenue reports.
- Under the direction of the VP of Finance/Administration, provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis on team financial performance
- Assist with the A/P and A/R processes to facilitate timely financial reporting
- Provide game day support to other departments, as needed
- Completion of college level coursework in finance, accounting, or related fields
- Prior experience working with point of sale systems prefered
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently but also recognize the right times to ask for assistance
- Above average familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Flexible schedule/ability to work long hours on event days
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive financial information
You must be able to receive college credit for this internship OR this internship must fulfill a graduation requirement. All interns will receive a housing & travel stipend, or a reduced stipend and placement with a local host family. All Interns will be required to participate in weekly sports management workshops and external community baseball clinics.
About Madison Mallards:
The Madison Mallards are the national leaders in summer collegiate baseball. Typically drawing over 6,000 fans per night, the Mallards focus on providing a fun customer experience is unparalleled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.