As a Project Manager you will support the implementation of the capital construction projects for Bloomingdale’s. You must be a strong leader, a self-starter and have the wherewithal to lead projects with minimal supervision. Projects include store remodels, division capital spend, and vendor shop installs/exits. Overall responsibilities encompass execution of all activities from project inception through completion; including compliance with all standards, best practices and laws. You will be responsible for managing project installs, including coordination between the Project Managers, Store Teams, Vendors, Millworkers, Suppliers and General Contractors. You will create and track contracts and purchase order requests. You will maintain, in real-time, our project tracker for; project development, pricing, contracts/POs, scheduling and close-out. Help drive the development of process improvements for items such as project tracking and pricing/estimating. Help in updating our construction manuals, policy and procedures and fixture books. Holding others accountable for their project deliverables. Must be solution oriented, driven to succeed, well organized, capable to present to Sr. Leadership, able to build consensus within the group and build partnerships. You must be adaptable to change and have the capacity for a sizable workload. You will be expected to consistently champion new initiatives that drive costs lower and save time. You need a strong sense of urgency and work well under pressure in a collaborative team environment.
- Lead the execution of minor remodel projects/renovations; merchant principal projects, vendor exits & installs, store optimizing, special projects to ensure on time completion, at the highest quality level and lowest possible cost. Assure all project development activities are performed in a timely and professional manner.
- Support the capital approval process including budget and scope development and preparation of phasing plans and project schedules.
- In conjunction with the Strategic Procurement Team oversee the construction bidding and administration processes in compliance with Capital Control policies and procedures. Participate in the development and maintenance of construction cost estimates and forecasts. Oversee the maintenance of ongoing budget tracking reports.
- Actively manage the project delivery process. Ensure projects are delivered in the shortest timeframe and in a quality manner.
- Establish and maintain a network of highly effective and competitive general contractors, building trades sub-contractors and architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing consulting service providers. Promote on-going development of new resources.
- Build partnerships and interact with internal teams. These include all Store Environment internal teams, Capital Control, Capital Planning, MTech, Logistics, Risk Management, Stores Team and Real Estate.
- Actively support and participate in special initiatives that compliment corporate goals and strategic visions such as cost-effective sustainable design solutions, promoting business with minority and women owned firms.
- Management of Projects and task execution including oversight of multiple projects and supplier coordination.
- Manage financial commitments to ensure projects remain within budget
- Support Store Environment team and stores organization to grow sales and profitability.
- Ensure that all projects are constructed in accordance with the approved scope and budget and conform to all regulations, corporate policies, procedures, and best practice standards.
- Coordinate and monitor procurement activities and commitments of pre-purchased materials for projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of retail operations experience – including vendor installs and supplier management; Construction Management experience is preferable
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs. Minimal travel if needed
- Thorough knowledge of construction costs, scheduling, estimating, budget tracking and project delivery process. Knowledge in various construction methods, store planning and store design techniques.
- Proficient in computer skills with familiarity of Microsoft suite programs, Auto Cad, DWG, PDF and Acrobat
This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment. May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment