The US Regional HR team within the Macquarie Group works to provide high quality, agile and scalable HR services to all business units in all geographies in the Americas. Our Employee Relations Team provides comprehensive legal and strategic employee relations advice and support to Macquarie’s businesses in the Americas including:
- Counseling with management and employees on employment-related matters
- negotiation of employment documentation for new hires
- managing EEO-related obligations and risks
- Providing legal risk management, and oversight of employment litigation
- transactional Employee Relations (ER) services direct to business management such as performance management, terminations, restructures, mergers & acquisitions
- compliance and Employment Policy Research and drafting
- workplace, Health and Safety, and disability claim management
- responsible for Wage and Hour compliance, including FLSA review
- advisory services to subsidiary entities.
Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations – Americas, this role supports senior management and professional employees in the Americas. Key responsibilities include:
- Advising management with respect to relevant HR practices and employment risks
- providing advice on practical people management and employment related issues (e.g. restructuring, performance management, accommodation requests)
- delivering key HR transactions including new business acquisitions
- interpreting and implementing HR policies in line with Macquarie policies
- providing a compliance framework and coordinating reviews and/or action as required
- monitoring current procedures and frameworks to ensure implementation
- providing compliance, consulting and operational support where required
- cooordinating employee relations training and ensuring regional compliance
- performing management and investigatory work relating to all EEO matters, including harassment and discrimination claims and inappropriate communications on Macquarie network and systems
- partnering with Security, Corporate Real Estate and Business Resilience to monitor and implement return to office framework in compliance with government and health guidance.
If you have a J.D. or equivalent with a minimum 7 years of employment law and litigation experience, preferred, experience working within an internal Human Resources function providing consultative advice to Senior Stakeholders as well experience with financial services companies, including regulatory and licensing issues as they relate to employment.
Multi-jurisdictional or international experience would be an advantage, in particular experience in Canada, Mexico or Brazil, OSHA and Workplace, Health and Safety experience, preferred with practical knowledge of federal and state employment essential then we would love to hear from you
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.