Full Job Description
The Senior Software Product Manager drives the product roadmap for Lucas Systems by gathering customer input; tracking market trends; working with Sales team members to understand key market dynamics, challenges and opportunities; and working with Engineering to ensure product viability and on-time delivery. The Senior Software Product Manager serves in a strategic as well as a hands-on tactical role with product direction responsibility for the entire product life cycle from product conception, through development, market introduction, support and end of life.
- Develop and own the Lucas product portfolio roadmap in support of Lucas growth objectives. Work across key stakeholders internally and externally to prioritize product development work as the business evolves.
- Develop a strong Voice of the Customer (VOC) network and process to guide Lucas decisions on product and service requirements, competitive differentiation, bundling, pricing, value proposition, and messaging.
- Lead the assessment and business case for new product and service opportunities especially in the area of Machine Learning and AI, to expand Lucas differentiation and opportunities for business growth.
- Own the preparation and launch plans for product rollouts including product go-to-market materials, Sales and Marketing enablement, and readiness of customer support.
- Support go-to-market activities such as webinars, digital campaigns, and tradeshows with content development, presentations, and thought leadership.
- Develop relationships with customers and prospects to learn about their business challenges in support of on-going and future revenue opportunities.
Skills and Experience
- BA/BS required. Technical degree preferred. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with software, SaaS, or technology consulting companies
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Knowledge of supply chain domain – warehousing, logistics, transportation preferred
- Entrepreneurial and flexible mindset. Proven ability to think strategically and commercially.
- Ability to guide, mentor, lead and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation and active listening skills.
- Results-driven, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel less than 20%
Lucas Systems helps companies transform their distribution center operations and continuously adapt to changing market dynamics. We dramatically increase worker productivity, operational agility, accuracy, and reduce the need for labor. Lucas solutions are built on 23-plus years of deep process expertise and smart software using AI-based optimization technologies. Our solutions feature Jennifer, the brain, voice, and orchestration engine that drives performance improvement gains. We help customers make the smartest moves at the lowest cost with Jennifer.
Founded in 1998, Lucas is a growing and consistently profitable organization with an expanding global customer base and offices in North America and Europe. We offer a dynamic, collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial work environment that continues to create opportunities for both personal and professional growth for high-performing individuals throughout the United States and Europe.
Our culture has been as carefully managed as our growth and our products. We believe in what we do, as much as we believe in each other. We believe in rewarding great thinking and initiative. We attract high-quality people who like to work hard, and they stay with us for many years.