Business Systems Analyst
Date Posted: 11/3/2021
Job Id:Job #1588715
Location:Olive Branch, Mississippi
* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Work on projects of diverse scope and complexity and serve as the change agent for warehouse processes. Analyze different distribution processes and assesses the scope and impact of each on business. Identify and document process charts, information resources, distribution paths, and system specifications. Help with workflow & process diagrams and conduct gap analysis. Device and implement new solutions to problems by utilizing the 3Ps (people, process and program) methodology.
- Perform data analysis and conduct research related to distribution center operations to identify variance, discrepancies and gaps; utilize the findings to determine opportunities for improvement and recommend timely corrective actions.
- Develop reporting tools and create dashboards using Business Intelligence Software to provide higher visibility and facilitate data driven decision making in daily operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct continuous improvement projects following six-sigma and lean manufacturing guidelines for providing high-standard service to customer.
- Create project SOPs and documentation for various projects and build a knowledge repository.
- Independently initiate, identify, research, investigate, analyze, define and document process changes with the aim of increasing productivity and enhancing efficiency.
- Understand organization’s direction, structure and requirements.
- May assist in development of project plans using the associated project planning tools, which include work plans, schedules, milestones, critical paths, detailed tasks, and deliverables.
- Provide status on project milestones, alerting client/project manager of any potential delays.
- Maintain issue logs, tracks/follows up on problems.
- Communicate effectively with business users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management)
- Strong technical skills in SQL and BI tools highly preferred; advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA and Macros very beneficial.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of current best practices in Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation and Distribution.
Title: Business Systems Analyst I
Location: Olive Branch MS
Client Job ID: 1588715