At Lovesac, were committed to helping people fill their homes with Total Comfort. That means having furniture that can evolve along with them as life unfolds.
From Sactionals The Worlds Most Adaptable Couch, to Sacs The Worlds Most Comfortable Seat, Lovesac products provide peace of mind where others cant. Our products can adapt to fit almost any space and style and look like new forever. This enables a new way of living, where people can continue to invest in, add to, and evolve their furniture instead of adding it to the landfillwhich is good for families and our environment.
Were committed to working and succeeding by incorporating our Guiding Principles into everything we do:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
Were borrowing this earth from our children
Home is where life happens
Currently, we are seeking to hire a People Manager, Organizational Development. As a People Manager, you are responsible for developing Associates, building new capabilities, and scaling the company for growth. This new role presents a remarkable opportunity to join the People Team at a special time and deliver products and services in a unique culture that really values this work.
This position will report into Corporate Headquarters based in Stamford, CT and will require flexibility to work both onsite as well as remote.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Support organizational development via the implementation of the annual Engagement Survey, Quarterly Coaching (Performance Management), 70/20/10 model of development (10% learning activities/20% coaching/70% job experience), Talking Talent Sessions (using the 9-Box tool to identify High Potentials, identifying key roles, paying special attention to diverse talent, and matching talent with job assignments), and partnering with vendors.
- Coach Associates one-on-one for both development and performance. Research, design, curate, manage, deliver and facilitate learning activities company wide.
- Support individual teams via contracting with the client (determining scope), collecting data through team assessment and interviews, reporting results, and designing customized solutions for each team.
- Coach Leaders one-on-one via the Korn Ferry 360 Feedback Report and various best practices. Research, design, curate, manage, deliver and facilitate leadership training, and target various segments of leaders as needed (senior, mid-level, first line, and emerging).
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required (Masters preferred) in areas relevant to Organizational Development.
- Experience with Instructional Design (designing, developing, and/or curating content), Delivery (classroom vs. virtual), Technology (e.g. WebEx, Zoom, Teams, etc.), Measurement (Kirkpatricks four levels of measurement), and Learning Management Systems to manage curriculum.
- Ability to deliver coaching sessions for both Individual Contributors and Leaders. Coaching credentials preferred but not required (ACC, PCC, CPC or MCC).
- Certified in the Korn Ferry 360 Feedback Process is preferred (but not required).
- Experience with full spectrum Performance Management (setting goals, developing associates, tracking progress against goals, and holding year-end discussions with ratings.
- Proven experience in Leadership Development (understanding the principles of the Leadership Pipeline, Segmenting audiences, and staying up to date on research.
- Experience with full cycle administration for Engagement Surveys (from design and administration to reporting and action planning).
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed KPIs and goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your actions.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all times.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various forms of transportation.
- Consistent ability to work both remotely and report into Corporate Headquarters or designated showroom, as required and in accordance with Lovesac policies, CDC and State Guidelines.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac Values:
Lovesac Core Values
Willing to sweep the floors
Only A Players
Our Showrooms, including our website, are open seven days a week and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.
Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.