The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF), established in 1995 and significantly reimagined in 2012, is a leading model for philanthropy and community engagement. With the goal of reaching all of Los Angeles and to be a model for sports teams worldwide, LADF is bigger than baseball. Focusing on education, health care, homelessness, and youth development, LADF has ambitions to be the city’s premier charity. LADF has invested more than $35 million in programs and grants to nonprofits, and fundraising has increased by 1,000% since 2012. LADF was awarded ESPN’s Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year (2020), Beyond Sport’s Sport for Reduced Racial Inequalities Collective Impact Award (2020), and the Aspen Institute Project Play Champion (2020), and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Sports Award (2021).
The LADF Associates Program was designed to further support the mission of LADF by assisting with the foundation’s work across all of its functional areas: development, programs, marketing & communications, grantmaking and operations. Associates actively engage with the local community and expand the reach of the organization’s impact throughout the Greater Los Angeles area.
The LADF Associates Program is a highly competitive, paid, year-long program designed to provide college and graduate students with both professional and personal development in a nonprofit sports team foundation setting. Alongside LADF’s staff, Associates work across all LADF’s departments, gaining insight into its programs, development, communications and operations activities.
We are seeking individuals who align with our mission and core values and are ready to join us in this exciting and important work.
Please note that the 2022 Associates Program will be both virtual and in-person, and will follow all LA County health and safety guidelines.
Associates will specialize in one of the five disciplines listed below based on schedule and expertise:
- Grantmaking & Initiatives
- Marketing and Communications
Associates’ responsibilities include supporting the delivery of programs (community events, planning and coordination), Dodgers game day responsibilities in fundraising and/or marketing (pre-game activities, silent auctions and 50/50 raffle), grantmaking support (nonprofit partner activations/events and grants process support) and general operations projects and tasks.
Simultaneously, Associates will become familiar with the work of the Los Angeles Dodgers and expand their network across various departments within the Dodgers organization and be provided networking opportunities.
Some examples of how LADF Associates will contribute to each department are noted below.
- Support all fundraising activities including: in-stadium activity (set up/breakdown, reconciliation, inventory updates), ribbon and board messages, and general fundraising research.
- Support for fundraising events including: Blue Diamond Gala (event prep, set up/breakdown, event support); LADF Run (booth/expo coordination, vendor liaison, event support).
- Promote and market fundraising events.
Grantmaking & Initiatives Associates
- Assist with all aspects of grantmaking, including grant administration (correspondence, database management, check requests, inventory/request sheet updates, filing, data management), grant cycle support (site visits to prospective grantees, preparing grant committee agendas), grantee activation support (event prep, set up/break down, fulfillment, special events), marketing and research.
- Support grantee initiatives, including LA Reads, In This Together, Science of Baseball and the College and Career Accelerator.
Marketing and Communications Associates
- Support the development of marketing collateral, support website maintenance, draft copy for marketing campaigns.
- Aid in the development of social media strategies and campaigns and catalogue photos and written and digital media.
- Support the effective management of an organization through its core operational functions: finance and accounting; legal; risk management; human resources; IT, evaluation & impact and systems .
- Support the Dodgers Dreamfields program, including: monitor Dodgers Dreamfields location reports, execute event logistics at Dodgers Dreamfields sites (set up/breakdown, coordinate logistics, communicate with program partners), update tracking documents, attend Dodgers Dreamfields activities (practices, games, opening days and closing ceremonies), support community meetings, groundbreaking ceremonies and field dedications, support program evaluation, support field upgrades (field, scoreboard, signage maintenance), support new Dodgers Dreamfields projects (site visits, meeting support, logistics), monitor online Dodgers Dreamfields applications.
- Oversee and provide support for Dodgers RBI Affiliate Partners, monitor program requirements and oversee location reports, support Dodgers RBI Field Champions, monitor data using LeagueApps, HelloInsight and UpMetrics, conduct site visits and interviews, attend Dodgers RBIactivities (practices, games, opening days, closing ceremonies), promote registration and youth programs calendar, assist with special events, track inventory and in-kind donations/requests, newsletter support, monitor and update KPI’s, support focus groups.
Candidate Qualifications and Requirements
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and skills in exercising sound judgement
- Must possess highly interpersonal skills and have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- College and graduate students preferred
- For more information about LADF, visit Dodgers.com/ladf to learn more.
Our core values are the fundamental beliefs upon which our foundation and its people operate.
- Opportunity- We know that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not.
- Access- No recreational, education or health resource should be out of reach for any child.
- Equity- We aim to level the playing field and make sure that every kid has a fair shot.
- Collaboration- We believe that working well with others is the secret sauce to success.
- Impact- The work we do must create meaningful progress that is measurable. We want to support proven programs.
- Excellence- We hold ourselves to the highest standards across all our work, striving for quality and credibility.
*A cover letter AND resume must be submitted in order to be considered for this role.