Position Type:Employee Regular
We have recently announced that Business Assurance and Inspection Services + Nettitude will be leaving the LR Group and will become a standalone business (LRQA) under the ownership of Goldman Sachs Asset Management. It’s an exciting time to join our business as we have ambitious growth plans. We are looking for talented people to join our business to help build on our strengths and transform our business to be the best partner for our customers.
[ click here to meet your hiring manager ]
Our Business Assurance business is a recognised, world-leading professional assurance services organisation. We specialise in management systems compliance & expert advice across a broad spectrum of standards, schemes & business improvement services to include customised training & assurance. In Inspection Services, we certify safety critical industrial equipment according to recognised codes, standards & regulations. We also partner with companies to provide tailored high-quality inspection services throughout their manufacturing supply chains, making sure equipment is built safely & to their requirements.
With the worldwide push for net-zero, assurance of actions taken by companies is growing exponentially. We have seen our business grow along with the growing need for assurance. As a Lead Verifier with LRQA, you will have the opportunity to be part of this growth, to directly scrutinize these actions, and drive our clients in the right direction.
A lead verifier manages verification projects successfully from the kick-off meeting through the delivery of the final report and statement. Must interact with the client directly, clearly communicating data and information requests and findings. Responsible for upholding LRQA’s quality standards and ensuring the client is meeting the requirements of the specific reporting criteria for which they are seeking verification.
Your responsibilities as a Lead Verifier:
- Lead verifications of corporate sustainability reporting, with environmental, social, and governance data
- Have a working knowledge of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission Inventory methods (WRI GHG Protocol, California ARB, ISO 14064-1, GRI, AA1000, SASB, TCFD, etc.)
- Have broad industry experience base, including oil and gas, marine, the electric power sector, and the hospitality industry, among others.
- Maintain excellent communication and IT skills with a high standard of personal and professional presentation, and
- Have presence and credibility to represent LRQA authoritatively at the most senior levels across the industry.
This role will involve travel, mainly within your region but occasionally abroad. You may be the only verifier on a smaller project or lead a team of verifiers for larger clients.
The requirements of this position are:
- Reside in the US,
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel,
- California Air Resource Board Accredited Lead Verifier status preferred,
- B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or related field, and
- At least 7-10 years of experience supporting GHG and GHG verification projects.
LRQA offers a flexible and varied schedule along with competitive remuneration plus expenses; in addition to having the opportunity to contribute to LRQA’s high professional standard and reputation across the industry.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd’s Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.