Senior, Business & Financial Controls
SCOTTSDALE, AZ /
At LifeStance Health, we strive to help individuals, families, and communities with their behavioral health needs. Everywhere. Every day. It’s a lofty goal; we know. But we make it happen with the best team in behavioral health.
Thank you for taking the time to explore a career with us. As the fastest growing behavioral health practice group in the country, now is the perfect time to join our corporate team!
LifeStance Health (NASDAQ: LFST) is one of the nation’s largest providers of virtual and in-person outpatient mental health care for children, adolescents and adults experiencing a variety of mental health conditions. LifeStance Health is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Our Vision: A truly healthy society where mental and physical healthcare are unified to make lives better.
Our Mission: To help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives by improving access to trusted, affordable and personalized mental healthcare.
Delivering Compassion – We care for people unconditionally and act with empathy always.
Building Relationships – We are collaborative, building enduring relationships to achieve more together.
Celebrating Difference – We respect the diversity of every individual’s lived experiences.
Since LifeStance Health was founded in 2017, we have grown to nearly 5,000 clinicians and team members serving patients in more than 370 locations. We acquire clinical practices and open new locations across the country, with thousands of new clinicians joining our mission every year. We are reimagining mental health.
Learn more at www.lifestance.com.
Candidate will operate within the Second Line of Defense as a champion of internal controls over financial reporting (SOX) and broader internal control activities, own the design and implementation of internal controls within their assigned process areas, and monitor the operational effectiveness of those controls in support of the annual Sarbanes-Oxley program. This will include risk mitigation, supporting auditors through timely execution of their procedures, and working through identified issues and/or remediation plans by advising process owners on needed process changes.
Demonstrate thorough knowledge and/or a record of success in the understanding of current issues key executives contemplate within Healthcare industry including how all 3 Lines of Defense can play a role to address the risks within the organization.
· Champion US GAAP, SOX, and compliance focus, including continual education of team members on new or updated accounting guidance and reporting requirements
· Identify key risks and controls and lead efforts in control optimization, including the configuration of controls around business processes and within IT environment
· Apply internal control principles and business/technical knowledge including IT general controls and application controls; financial reporting concepts; working experience applying professional skepticism skills
· Lead the building and adaption of test programs and practice aids, as well as perform assessments to evaluate controls, identify control issues and propose solutions for remediation and optimization
· Exhibit project management skills, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules
· Create a positive environment, monitor workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respect the work-life quality of team members. This includes providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s in Accounting preferred. CPA preferred
· Internal/External Audit experience in a public company environment: Combination of at least 2 plus years in top tier public accounting and/or corporate experience in a publicly traded company
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in a time sensitive and dynamic environment. Experience in project management and leading cross functional projects
· Technical Capabilities:
o Depth in understanding of GAAP and FASB accounting disclosures.
o Thorough knowledge of accounting theories, methods, and techniques.
o Strong background in internal financial controls.
· Proven experience with communicating across multiple organizational levels and multiple cultures. Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
· LifeStance is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
· Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture
About LifeStance Health
LifeStance is a national provider of behavioral healthcare services focused on evidenced-based, medically driven treatment services for children, adolescents and adults suffering from a variety of mental health issues in an outpatient care setting, both in-person at its 400+ clinics nationwide and through its digital health telemedicine offering. At LifeStance, patient care is paramount – the driving force in everything we do. LifeStance is committed to state-of-the-art clinical excellence, to partnership and collaboration with other treating health care providers to ensure continuity of care, to utilization of data to individually tailor services for continual improvement in outcomes, and to empowering patients to make informed choices and help them achieve their goals. This is offered in a compassionate and safe environment that provides education, support, and best practices in integrated care.
LifeStance employs 4,000+ psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, and licensed therapists to provide comprehensive mental health treatment services for patients of all ages. Every LifeStance team member is dedicated to providing the utmost in compassionate care and treatment to serve the specific needs and concerns of each individual patient. To learn more, please visit www.LifeStance.com.
LifeStance is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our employees.