Full Job Description
The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager reports to the Sr. Manager of IT Purchasing. Leads IT sourcing and supply base strategy development. Must have expertise in sourcing and contract negotiations for the Information Technology categories of expenditure such as Application Development, Ecommerce, Enterprise Software, Technical Consulting, Networking Hardware, Data Center Hardware, PCs/Tablets/Peripherals, Hosting Services, Mobile Service Providers, Telecommunications, etc., including but not limited to determining user requirements, recommendations of practical solutions, and company-wide efforts to improve the cost effective use of technology. The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for leading strategic projects of varying complexity including those focused on IT cost reduction strategies, IT process improvement and controls. Responsible for the management of category sourcing initiatives involving contract development, negotiations, and supplier management. The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will analyze historical spend and extract potential sourcing opportunities for the business. The IT Strategic Sourcing Manager will develop working relationships with key stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams to define the business requirements in developing the strategic sourcing strategy, negotiate complex service level agreements and oversee implementation of programs. The ideal candidate is known as a category subject matter expert, a thought leader and has professional credibility within the IT portfolio.
- Reviews documentation and legal draft of contracts/agreements, ensuring contract/agreement requirements are met, and works directly with IT Executive Leadership and key stakeholders to ensure contract/agreement language and requirements are appropriate and complies with Lennar Corporation policies and procedures.
- Coordinates work with various departments and serves as a liaison between Lennar Corporation and vendors to oversee the intake, review and finalization of all IT contracts that bind the corporation.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated good business acumen and can quickly understand complex business programs related to Information Technologies.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage and lead IT Programs with cross functional teams across the organization.
- Supplier relationship management, engagement and continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Responsible for creating and facilitating the issuance and evaluation of RFP’s, RFI’s, etc.
- Ability to prepare and/or diagnose/interpret financial and other relevant analysis related to the product being sourced.
- Negotiate and prepare contracts with appropriate terms and conditions.
- Resolve conflicts or service level issues regarding supplier performance.
- Excellent understanding of IT protocols and guidelines; ensure that IT minimum standards are applied and properly documented.
- Effectively communicates program needs status with internal team members and external stakeholders, ability to build stakeholder trust and influence change.
- Proficient understanding of procurement systems and functionality as well as procure-to-pay processes.
- Effectively deals with conflict inherent in procurement operations between suppliers and stakeholders.
- Create breakthrough strategies, which deliver both quick wins and longer-term benefits.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years of IT Purchasing experience
- 10+ years of IT Strategic Sourcing experience
- With a focus on supporting Infrastructure
- Must have experience working with large technology partners and VARs such as AT&T, CDW, Cisco, IBM, Insight, Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, Verizon and VMWare.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA a plus.
- ITIL experience preferred
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the incumbent to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow up skills
- Decisive, analytical, and persuasive project management abilities
- Ability to work in challenging and ambiguous environments
- Ability to communicate effectively to executives, clients and team members on a
- regular basis
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement
- Advanced experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with database management
- Experience with project management processes
- Experience in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and operational skill sets
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products – strong analytics skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong Customer service skills and focus required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Tenacious, driven, energetic and a high degree of professional integrity.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers, supervisors and management.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Maintain Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.