Rams Sports Properties is LEARFIELD’s local, dedicated entity representing Colorado State University. In complete collaboration with the University, this team is committed to extending the affinity of the University’s brand to businesses and corporations of all sizes looking to align with the undeniably loyal and passionate collegiate sports fan base.
As exclusive multimedia rights holder for the University, our team manages all aspects of the rights relationship. Providing corporate partners with traditional, digital and other non-traditional media opportunities to bolster their own brand and garner maximum exposure through inventory such as venue signage; digital engagement including social media, the official athletics website, content, digital gaming and retargeting, event sponsorships and promotion; corporate hospitality; television and radio game broadcasts and coaches’ shows.
Our growing sponsorship business seeks an experienced, motivated sales professional to join our team located on campus in Fort Collins, CO. If you’re interested in combining your passion for sports with your successful track record in sales, we want to speak with you!
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated traditional media, digital and other non-traditional media experience in developing integrated marketing partnerships. You will be responsible for delivering a high volume of new business by implementing high-level integrated marketing partnerships for the university athletic program while also building and maintaining lasting relationships with our corporate partners as well as the athletic department staff.
- Develop and sell creative marketing solutions that exceed the needs of the client
- Leverage your passion and empathy to develop a long-term business partnership between your client and the collegiate athletics programs they sponsor
- Create and present integrated marketing packages using traditional, digital and other non-traditional marketing channels to meet client’s objectives
- Understand the changing landscape of sponsorship marketing to include a product mix that focuses on the benefits of digital and social media assets and solutions
- Speak confidently to clients about the advantages of digital and social in sponsorship proposals
- Collaborate with vendors, sponsors, property staff, and appropriate university athletic personnel to ensure implementation of sponsorships and contract fulfillment
- Participate in game day events to share and highlight the collegiate sports experience with existing and potential sponsors
- Conduct yourself in way that demonstrates a strong commitment to team collaboration and success
- Minimum of 5-7 years selling comprehensive integrated sports marketing partnerships including major media elements (signage, radio, social, digital, etc.) or other relevant B2B sales experience
- Ability to analyze a client’s traditional, digital and non-traditional marketing needs based on the customer’s marketing targets and objectives, and craft an integrated marketing solution(s) to meet those needs
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, including but not limited to social media, content marketing, banner ads, mobile, retargeting and websites, including interpreting performance analytics for all areas.
- Advanced negotiating skills, ability to identify and influence key decision makers
- Strong competitive spirit – desire to win the business through hard work and determination
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Driven to succeed and able to overcome obstacles
- Ability to adapt your style/messaging to the needs of the client
- Ability to quickly establish personal relationships through trust and empathy
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Compensation: $80,000.00 – $90,000
- Bonus: N/A
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid PTO
- Flexible Work Schedule
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. LEARFIELD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.