Full Job Description
Job Description / Role – Financial Analyst
Looking to have a meaningful impact on the world through innovative cleantech on a global scale? Join LanzaJet, Inc., one of the world’s leading clean energy technology companies focused on decarbonizing the transportation sector. LanzaJet produces sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) and sustainable diesel fuel through its patented technology and process. LanzaJet’s unique and innovative approach has been approved by ASTM to produce certified, drop-in jet and diesel fuels using sustainably certified ethanol as the feedstock.
LanzaJet’s history started 15 years ago in New Zealand when LanzaTech was founded to develop carbon recycling technology. Over that period, and by working with the US Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Lab, an innovative approach was developed, approved, and scaled to produce low-carbon jet and diesel fuels from ethanol feedstock. This creates localized feedstock solutions across the globe by leveraging waste sources as the commodity for ethanol production.
The launch of LanzaJet, with financial contributions from Suncor Energy, Mitsui, LanzaTech, ANA, and the US Department of Energy, has set the stage for the accelerated commercialization of LanzaJet’s proprietary sustainable fuels technology. LanzaJet’s first commercial-scale refinery in Georgia is in final design with production planned to start in 2022. Three additional commercial-scale low-carbon fuel refineries are planned by 2025 creating a cumulative production of 100 million gallons of low-carbon jet and diesel fuels – a nearly 10x increase to the amount of sustainable aviation fuel available in the market today. LanzaJet is partnering with companies around the world to strategically advance the deployment of its technology in Asia, the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East.
Join a fast-growing, innovative company with a global and long-lasting impact by sustainably fueling the future!
As a member of the Finance team, this individual will be exposed to a wide range of opportunities including financial reporting, consolidations, tax, budgeting, planning, international operations, investment alternatives, and various cross-functional initiatives. The position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Oversee the financial close process and ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results
- Support financial operations through cross-functional and external collaborations
- Subsidiary reporting, intercompany transactions
- Statutory reporting; assist with annual ICP submissions for government contracts
- Assist with the annual audit with a “Big 4” firm
- Support tax return preparation and filings across multiple tax jurisdictions
- Equity and stock compensation research and accounting
- Assist with the development of the annual budgets
- Business modeling and long term planning
- Work on special projects, research issues, and provide analysis on key topics
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal “customers” – (i.e. co-workers in other departments)
- Ensure adherence and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Be able to solve, diagnose, or correct complex operational and accounting challenges
- Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Ensures proper financial reporting, and establishes financial controls based on the parent company policies & procedures.
- CPA preferred, preferably public accounting and SOX experience
- 3+ years of progressive working experience, especially in a startup environment
- Solid understanding of US GAAP. IFRS experience preferred
- Strong ERP systems experience, TriNet and NetSuite preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient with written and verbal communication including generating reports and preparing presentations
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- A passion for LanzaJet and its mission
- BS / MS in Finance or Accounting
- MBA is preferred
- Prior experience in the chemical industry is a plus
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaJet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.