Full Job Description
Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis function that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the company. Lead the strategic aspects of the annual budget and monthly forecast process for the company by communicating and coordinating with branch managers and local accountants the established schedule; collecting, consolidating, and analyzing the appropriate data and preparing requested reports by senior management.
Manages cash and treasury operations, short-term borrowing, short-term investments, and payments. Monitors compliance with Treasury Department overall goals. Evaluates and recommends cash management initiatives, changes to banking relationships, and day-to-day treasury operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots daily transaction issues.
- Assists in executing standby letters of credit, guarantees, performance bonds, and similar instruments.
- Leads the Treasury weekly and month-end close processes including the review and accurate recording of cash activity to the general ledger
- Monitors and oversees existing bank account services and signatories including bank account administration for opening, migrating, and closing accounts.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes bank fees including credit card and cash management expenses.
- Works within FP&A on developing operating cash flow forecasts, enhance visibility into global cash balances, optimize working capital and establish metrics/key performance indicators.
- Help coordinate and prepare support for financial and bank audits while overseeing and ensuring compliance with Treasury SOX controls.
- Effectively works with and supports internal business partners.
- Assists with presentation material for rating agencies, or investors as needed.
- Identify ways to improve treasury processes.
- Evaluates and recommends banking products, services, and platforms as appropriate.
- Support the strategic business planning process.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Develop and document Key Performance Indicators for the corporate accounting department.
- Assist in preparing presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others, report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data analysis.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with preference of Master’s degree in Business (MBA), Finance or Accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in treasury and/or financial, planning and analysis, including cash management/forecasting, debt management, creating annual budgets and monthly-close procedures, bank covenant reporting and compliance experience
- Big 4 Accounting experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a managerial or leadership position.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Lamons (LGC EmployeeCo., LLC)