Full Job Description
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The key role of this position will be to support the Park Rapids plant. The role will also be responsible for monthly/quarterly/annual financial journal entries, C&A in accordance with Internal Audit and GAAP, supporting SOX controls for inventory counting, daily reporting and financial oversite. This position will communicate frequently with personnel at all levels within the Controllers organization and throughout the Company. The consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of this communication are vital and must clearly convey all outstanding issues.
- Financial support for various Plant Pillar departments.
- Perform monthly reporting and control activities.
- Develop tools/reports in support of VeLOCity and support plant operations with Project VeLOCity systems.
- Finance support for cost savings analysis, allocation, tracking and reporting.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan.
- Plays a key role in the month-end close process to include journal entries, account reconciliations and forecasting.
- Be a key player on ERP implementation and go forward plans.
- Assist in internal and external audits performed at the plant level including compiling documentation and support schedules and communicating with the auditors.
- Plays a key role in the raw accounting function including inventory reporting, costing and harvest support. Harvest support would entail pre-harvest preparation, scale ticket review, scale house support, and reporting.
- Maintain the fixed asset module, track capital spending, and ensure capital project close-out timeliness.
- Collaborate with and, as needed, act as a backup for other finance team members.
- Assists plant personnel with developing and implementing continuous improvement projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. in Finance, Accounting and/or other Business Field, MBA desired
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and knowledge of general business concepts.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate financial information into actionable data and recommendations.
- Fundamental understating of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP software tools preferred
- Ability to draw on outside resources and work on cross-functional teams
- Appropriately prioritize workload and demonstrate flexibility when requested to work on special projects.
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
- Demonstrate ability to self-motivate and work under limited supervision in a fast-paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-221293
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law