Who We Are…
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. We have a long history of providing a safe workplace for our employees, striving to be good stewards of the environment, and establishing strong and respectful relationships with our customers and communities. These fundamentals have provided the foundation upon which we have managed our business for more than a century.
We continue to strengthen our culture with a focus on SPIRIT. Within the company lies a spirit of teamwork and innovation that drives a culture around continuous improvement and high performance.
S – Safety
P – People
I – Integrity
R – Respect
I – Innovation
T – Teamwork
As a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets with locations in North America and Europe, we have been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record.
We provide rail, construction, and energy markets with innovative solutions to build and maintain their critical infrastructure and landmark projects worldwide.
To learn more about how we’re keeping the world moving, visit https://www.lbfoster.com/en
Who You Are...
As the ESG Manager, you’ll work with key business units from across the organization creating and executing carefully designed strategies that drive the company’s performance on material ESG issues.
Is under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Administration, and facilitates the roll out of the ESG program, including activities related to climate change, sustainability, human rights, employee engagement, diversity, inclusion & belonging, and legal, regulatory, and ethical responsibilities.
Some examples of the work you might do includes…
- Support the implementation of a multi-year ESG strategy that aligns with the company’s vision.
- Review, interpret, and communicate ESG requirements to the organization.
- Lead the development and publication of the annual ESG report.
- Serve as the point of contact on external ESG rating matters.
- Own the sustainability portion of the website; ensure routine review, refresh, and enhancement to external communication of our latest ESG efforts.
- Review and identify ESG best practices for re-application.
- Review, monitor and refine the company reporting consistent with current ESG trends.
- Construct and maintain comprehensive project plans and roadmap that drives accountability and systematically identifies the necessary steps, time, and resources to achieve the Company’s ESG objectives, and utilizes these plans to track progress and adjust as needed.
- Create and deliver educational and training materials on sustainability/ESG to the organization.
- Coach the organization to ensure the continual improvement in ESG ratings.
- Identify events and potential recognition opportunities and work with appropriate functions to prepare registrations and applications.
What Do You Need…
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related discipline required.
- 6+ years of ESG experience, including experience in analyzing environmental data to develop environmental impact mitigation and improvement strategies required.
- 4-6 years of experience in project plan development, management, and implementation required.
- Demonstrated experience in ESG issues and a strong understanding of key organizations (e.g., SASB/IIRC, GRI, CDP, WRI, etc.) required.
- ESG strategy development and/or work with rating agencies and the reporting process strongly preferred.
- Ability to compare data sets, organize data and summarize findings.
- Solid understanding of setting sustainability targets and putting projects in place to deliver the performance.
- Strong business acumen with a focus on achieving, tracking, and measuring results.
- Ability to manage and deliver against tight timelines and oversee several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data; establish action plans based on the analysis.
- Expert level experience in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability and confidence to operate with autonomy, keeping organization stakeholder alignment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to adapt to different formats (press releases, annual reports, website, etc.).
- Ability to work with cross functional stakeholders in a global environment spanning time-zones to meet organizational goals.
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
- Organizing and Planning
- Transformational Leadership
- Manages Diversity
- Drive for Results
- Global Business and Technical Acumen
- Change Management
- Leads Organizational Collaboration
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Medical, dental, vision benefits the first day of the month after hire
- Market-leading 401(k) program with company match
- 100% tuition reimbursement
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)