Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager in Risk Assurance – Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk for our Consulting practice.
- Drive and lead the day-to-day execution of Advisory Engagements (internal audit engagements, Sarbanes-Oxley assistance, Risk Assessments, Maturity Assessments) for clients within the financial services industry, including activities such as; Design and development of risk assessments, annual audit plans, audit programs, working papers, internal audit reports, and other deliverables based on the specific engagement requirements
- Serve as a coach and mentor and provide opportunities for on-the-job training for staff, as well as other team members
- Identify and clearly communicate performance improvement opportunities and leading practices to client personnel and senior management and work with partners to assist in practice management including resource allocation, career development of staff, and other administration decisions
- Establish your financial services and internal audit knowledge through sharing and participation in the continual development and publication of thought leadership and service offerings
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement or project teams to provide well-coordinated and consistent high performance results
- A minimum of five years of experience in assurance, controls and / or corporate compliance-related experience, including consulting, auditing, risk management, or operational roles with a focus on financial services and experience should include performing internal or external audits from the beginning of an engagement or project through completion
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field and CPA, CIA or CISA preferred
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to use data effectively identify and resolve issues
- Ability to identify observations and recommendations for business operations and control issues in correlation with key risk disciplines (including financial reporting, regulatory, and operational)
- Advanced risk, controls, accounting and / or information technology operations knowledge, as well as command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SOX, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations and/or Control Objectives for Information and related Technology control framework
- Previous experience leading teams and managing projects, and accustomed to taking an active role in executing engagements
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.