Requisition #: 64058
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Boston, MA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr. Associate, HR People Relations to join our HR organization.
- Oversee employee relations cases of moderate complexity, consults with OGC as appropriate and counsels’ partners and employees through difficult and challenging situations by interpreting and applying comprehensive knowledge of firm and HR policies and procedures; analyzes investigations on a variety of matters, including violation of firm policy or procedure, perceived unfair treatment and unlawful workplace activity
- Articulate the firm’s performance development process details and deliverables to the business and provide career counseling and guidance on delivering meaningful/developmental feedback, including the provision of a formal performance improvement plan
- Develop strong relationships with peers, the HR Business Advisor group, and HR Shared Services to develop solutions and process efficiencies; collaborate and shares best practices; escalate issues to leadership, as appropriate; provide coaching, guidance and direction to HR People Relations Associates and Coordinators
- Oversee conflicts among employees; support AWA process; evaluate requests for medical accommodations, supporting emergency response/crisis management cases, employee separations, leaves of absence, transfers and relocations, and outside employment verifications; escalate more complex issues as necessary to PRG management; support annual performance assessment and salary review process in conjunction with HRBAs, as needed
- Assess and provide input to leadership on business risk, with an understanding of actions and how they impact a larger organization
- Provide OMP/Local Office support and counsel to HR Management team with HR programs, including but not limited to I&D affirmative action initiatives, EOC, Town Hall meetings and HR reporting/analysis
- Minimum of three years of progressive HR or comparable experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or relevant work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of HR principles; in-depth knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the firm’s partners and employees
- Ability to develop clear and concise written communications and prepare performance documentation; problem-solving skills; possess strong verbal and written communication skills; presentation and facilitation skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.