Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Director in Risk Strategy & Compliance – Actuarial for our Consulting practice.
- Direct and manage staff level personnel in the execution of audit support and advisory projects
- Provide technical support to the actuarial management group
- Recalculation of actuarial values
- Develop and project actuarial models using actuarial software
- Program or manipulate database applications used in support of experience studies and other data management functions
- Lead advisory projects for life insurance companies
Additional Responsibilities For Director
- Lead actuarial business development efforts for primary target clients and provide leadership on identified business development efforts
- Produce a defined business development credit either through independent efforts or teaming efforts with others at KPMG
- Participate in speaking engagements at industry meetings
- Author a technical paper
- A minimum of five years of work experience in actuarial modeling, working with a recognized actuarial modeling software, and a minimum of five years of applicable recent work experience in a professional services environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic background in actuarial science, applied statistics, financial analysis, insurance, and mathematics
- Strong experience in enterprise risk management within an insurance company
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or with multiple supervisors and be able to prioritize work without intensive direction from supervisors
- Strong understanding of life insurance products
- Certification as a fellow in the Society of Actuaries
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications For Director
- A minimum of eight years of applicable recent work experience
- Strong business development skills
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.