SPECIALIST DIRECTOR, FEDERAL DATA SCIENCE
Requisition #: 74093
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: Washington, DC; Dallas, TX; McLean, VA
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director to join our Federal Advisory practice.
- Define and develop new solutions leveraging approaches such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Linguistics, Probabilistic Decision Advanced Semantic Design
- Undertake necessary statistical analysis using Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using a variety of methods (document clustering, topic analysis, names entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis) as part of the overall Machine Learning initiative set forth for the engagement
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, understand and implement algorithms, and support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods form emerging areas in pattern analysis, machine learning, deep learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
- Translate advance business analytics problems into technical approaches and data solutions that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains (strategic, operational, and tactical aspects of economic, environment, information, and cyber domains)
- Build, develop and lead a high performing team of data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts that delivers business value and optimizes cost and time to insight
- Lead a distributed team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing virtual and face-to-face interactions; manage complex work streams, expectations, budgets, deliverables, risks, and multiple responsibilities using structured approaches for operational excellence while communicating results to executive level audiences
- Plan and manage objectives and key deliverables using analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery
- Regularly engage with conselees and those they work with to help them continuously improve; work to increase conselees’ engagement, job satisfaction and pride; be a role model
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across a matrixed organization to meet business objectives effectively
- A minimum of ten years of technical data science experience; U.S. Federal government consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Advance degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience with diverse sets of data relevant to the information environment.
- Experience performing data science from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment; experience coding artificial intelligence methods using object-oriented programming in a software development process, and ability to restructure, refactor, and optimize code for efficiency
- Expert problem-solving ability through the use and/or development of data science algorithms, models, testing, etc.; ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, Python, Spark, Hadoop and emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP and/or AWS; experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms.
- Working experience with Big Data technologies such as Azure Data Lake Storage, Data Bricks, Synapse, Azure Data Factory, HDInsight
- Ability to manage change and effectively communication to teams; advanced knowledge strategic solution delivery models to ensure products and/or services continue to innovate and to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent veral/written communication and collaboration skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work with the ability to direct, motivate and empower others to work towards the organization’s goals, ensuring efficient allocation of resources across multiple functions; lead and ensure execution of strategic initiatives for the organization; ability to address emerging opportunities and how to team should be organized/staffed to realize them
- Ability to travel as required to support firm engagements.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. Citizenship