Requisition Number: 74063 – 65
Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate in Risk Strategy & Compliance – Actuarial for our Consulting practice.
- Provide modeling support to the actuarial management group in support of life insurance clients
- Develop, perform, and review KPMG and client workpapers and analytics
- Develop and project actuarial models using AXIS software
- Program and manipulate database applications used in support of experience studies and other data management functions
- Supervise and serve as a mentor to associates, new hires, and interns on engagements
- Serve as a liaison between clients and upper management
- Identify and communicate technical matters to both clients and upper management
- Assist with project planning, development of deliverables, and other technical writing exercises
- A minimum of one year experience working with AXIS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic background in actuarial science, applied statistics, financial analysis, insurance, and mathematics
- Passed three actuarial exams and demonstrating good exam progress
- Experience with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Statutory Financial Reporting
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize work without extensive direction from supervisors
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future; Travel may be up to 80-100% as required by client demand
- A minimum of three years of related work experience
- Certification as an Associate of the Society of Actuaries
- Strong understanding of Life Insurance products
- Previous supervisory experience
- Well established understanding of business dynamics and operations
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.