Start Date: Immediately
Job Title: Research Assistant
Practice Area: Corporate Social Responsibility & Accountability
Position Type: Entry level
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Washington, D.C.
Residency Type: Authorized to work in the U.S. (e.g., citizen, lawful permanent resident, STEM OPT)
Keybridge is a boutique economics and public policy consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Our mission is to generate, curate, and apply analytical insights that help organizations create a more prosperous, resilient, and healthy nation. Since 2001, we have used our expertise in applied economics, public policy, and data analytics to help our clients anticipate and respond to economic trends and advance sound, data-driven public policies. Our clients include Fortune 500 corporations, leading trade associations, federal government agencies, non-profits, and other organizations that operate at the intersection of economics and public policy.
Keybridge is organized into three practice areas: Macroeconomics, Public Policy, and Social Responsibility & Accountability. While all three areas provide clients with a similar suite of research, analysis, and strategic advisory services, the typical client portfolio and project profile varies across teams. In particular, the Corporate Social Responsibility & Accountability (SRA) practice area specializes in using mixed methods research approaches to measure the success and impact of corporate efforts to implement socially responsible practices.
As a Research Assistant in the SRA practice, you will apply your technical and analytical skills to identify trends, estimate impacts, and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and policies. You will convey your research and build data-driven narratives about the extent to which corporate pledges are successful and their impact on society. And you will collaborate with teammates who take pride in their work, share your passion for learning, and share your enthusiasm for understanding the inner workings of society, especially the economy, business, finance, politics, and public policy.
You will work on a range of problems that will require you to respond to shorter-term client requests while simultaneously advancing longer-term research efforts. You will develop subject matter expertise across multiple areas, quickly learning new topics and skillfully applying quantitative and qualitative methods as needed. At the same time, you will be expected to contribute to the firm’s culture and sense of community, whether it be through helping to advance internal initiatives, mentoring more junior colleagues, or facilitating learning sessions on topics of interest to you and the firm’s clients.
- Developing subject matter expertise in and remaining current on issues related to corporate social responsibility initiatives and priorities of clients, prospective clients, and partnering organizations.
- Collecting, validating, organizing, and analyzing data to identify trends, estimate impacts, and evaluate the success and impact of corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Conducting literature reviews and environmental scans to summarize existing research and establish a base of evidence to inform new research and support recommendations.
- Designing and conducting surveys, interviews, and other methods for collecting new data.
- Developing internal and client-facing products that effectively communicate your research, including reports, memos, case studies, data dashboards, and slide decks.
- Providing project coordination support, including organizing meetings, maintaining detailed notes, tracking the status of tasks, and facilitating client communications.
- Contributing to internal firm initiatives (e.g., contributing to professional development efforts, cultivating a more diverse and inclusive workplace, organizing social and volunteer activities).
- Assisting with the onboarding and training of new colleagues.
- Performing other minor duties as assigned.
- 0-2 years of full-time work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, public policy, public health, business, political science, or related field.
- Passion for public policy, corporate social responsibility, and using analytical tools to solve complex problems.
- Naturally curious personality with a drive for learning and continuous improvement.
- Enjoys working collaboratively while also moving forward independently as needed.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfort with remaining flexible and adjusting priorities as client and team needs evolve.
- Collegial attitude, positive outlook, and a friendly disposition.
- Professional experience in research, public policy analysis, or consulting.
- Professional experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Professional experience with writing and data visualization.
- Professional experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS) and Tableau.
If you have a passion for creative problem solving and are interested in working on corporate social responsibility and public policy issues in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you. We welcome applications from individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we realize that skills and competencies show up in different ways and can be based on life experience. Even if you meet many but not all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Keybridge is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants must have work authorization that does not require immediate visa sponsorship (within two years or less) for continued employment in the United States.
COMPENSATION & BENEFIT PACKAGE
The compensation and benefits package for this position include:
- A market-competitive base salary plus annual raises based on performance.
- Opportunities to earn additional cash compensation via company-wide annual bonuses and individual quarterly spot bonuses.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer match of up to 4% with immediate vesting.
- 100% employer-paid, platinum-rated health insurance plan.
- Dental, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Approximately 30 days of paid time off per year, including personal leave and holidays.
- Paid parental leave (maternity, partner, and adoption).
- Hybrid work environment with the option to work remotely at least six days per month, including all Fridays, and flexible work hour arrangements.
- Access to professional development opportunities, programs, trainings, and resources.
ABOUT THE KEYBRIDGE COMMUNITY
Keybridge is a small, close-knit community of talented professionals who enjoy collaborating with and supporting one another.
We take pride in delivering extraordinary client service and developing long-term relationships with our clients, in our creative analytical approaches, in our clear-eyed, non-partisan approach to economic and policy analysis, and in our ability to convert complex information into clear, accessible, and actionable insights.
We are a learning organization that values and actively supports professional growth. That process begins with hiring staff who are curious about how the world works and driven to become the best professional version of themselves. It is powered by a community of professionals that is inquisitive and engaged, and it is sustained by an ecosystem of resources that help staff learn and expand their technical, analytical, and consulting skills.
We value and benefit from the diversity of our staff’s personal and professional experiences. We frequently hold firm-wide discussion groups on current economic and policy issues, as well as learning sessions where staff present and facilitate discussions on topics of particular personal interest and/or relevance to our clients. We also foster a supportive social network among staff, including organizing social events and group volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
Complete the application form here or below. No phone calls or emails, please.