The Advancement Services Associate reports to the Director of Data Management and Analytics serving as the primary processor of gifts and acknowledgements. This position is crucial to the Stewardship of the Foundation’s donors and will directly impact the Foundation’s ability to grow its donor base and conduct a capital campaign.
- Under the direction of the Director of Data Management and Analytics extract information from alumni/fund-raising database to meet reporting and research needs of the Foundation, including mailing lists, event registration pages and reporting; and produce alumni and donor activity reports.
- Evaluate, sort and total all donations made to KUF on a daily basis to create daily gift batches.
- Manage gift entry procedure and process daily gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion to adhere to the Foundations’ 48-hour policy for receipting/acknowledgment.
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaign, fund, or appeal for accurate gift application; enter donations into the computer, maintain database integrity and gift lists; adhere to system operations.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available.
- Produce gift acknowledgement letters, mailings and correspondence as needed to steward and acknowledge donors.
- Maintain accuracy of Raiser’s Edge database by regularly updating constituent records including home and work addresses, contact (including phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts) information, business/employment information (employer, title, other as available), contact status (no mail, no phone, etc.) and life changes (marriage, children, death).
- Provide assistance as assigned for special projects, events and programs to members of the Foundation team and volunteers. All-hands on-deck events and activities may include, but are not limited to: Gala, Golf Outing, Homecoming, alumni events, networking evets etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Higher Education / Development Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience and understanding of fundraising is mandatory, preferably with Raisers Edge
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and collaborative environment and the ability to independently manage a multi-faceted workload and meet strict deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must; sensitivity when working with highly confidential information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times
- Ability to identify areas to increase efficiency of our systems
- Must be able to work in a diverse environment
- Proven ability to manage a variety of projects and high work volume: must work well under pressure, prioritize, show flexibility, and solve problems creatively
The Kean University Foundation, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, sexual or affectional preference, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, citizenship, age, disability, pregnancy or lactating mother status, marital or domestic status, military or veteran status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or testing, or any other legally protected status. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment. The Foundation will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on operations. If you need assistance to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental condition, please notify the Chief Operating Officer.