Job Number: 42766
The Employee Relations Specialist position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’ s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducts meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Engages leadership and legal as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
- The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Project Management.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Bachelor’ s degree and relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
By using best practices and optimal employee recruiting strategies, Kavaliro provides employers with employment solutions by providing the most qualified and professional employees, who can staff both project and permanent positions in order to ensure the ongoing success of all types of businesses. We use a streamlined-yet-thorough approach to staffing that saves our clients administrative time, resources and money.