Marketing Assistant II
LocationEl Segundo, CA
Employment DurationEmployee Full Time
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 11810
Pay Grade: US-C12
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies. We are seeking to hire a Marketing Assistant to work in our El Segundo, CA headquarters.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for organizing, maintaining, and updating the department’s communication & chronological files, critical records, manager’s travel schedules, and assisting the Group Marketing Manager with varied projects that cross specialty and department lines. This position participates in planning and executing projects and programs that support communication to outside customers and the sales force for Gynecology Instruments.
- Organization and maintenance of all communications to and from both internal and external customers and KSEA departments including request for checks, inventories, purchase orders and correspondence.
- Provide a first contact for the department’s telephone and fax communication and routes incoming calls to the appropriate persons(s) in a timely manner.
- Provide general administrative support to the management team including composing, designing, creating and typing letters, memos, presentations, and spreadsheets utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Supports projects related to marketing plans, monthly marketing reports, and sales training presentations and workshops.
- Utilize SAP and internal electronic forms to process various marketing procedures, such as check requests, ZMAT new product data entry, ZICS for sample requests and purchases, product return/repairs and also equipment requests for labs, symposiums and major meetings.
- Track and inventory marketing samples and prototypes
- Utilize SAP BW to track and look up history on product sales, customer sales and repair sales.
- Gain specialty product knowledge in order to field questions from the KSEA sales force.
- Provide assistance and support for visitors.
- Participate as part of an Administrative Group in organizing and maintaining a clean and safe work environment by maintaining order and cleanliness of all areas within the department.
- Participates in cross functional training to provide assistance as required throughout the department.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Possess exceptional Organizational skills and the ability to muilti-task.
- Administrative duties and tasks with the ability to integrate
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Ability to organize and respond to a fast acting environment
- Flexible work style to accommodate changing priorities with ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to speak to customers and sales representatives over the phone, exhibits phone and business etiquette, works well in a team environment.
- Experience in a medical marketing or sales environment preferred
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Successful multitasking ability
- Take initiative to solve problems or obtain answers through collaboration with other departments and to know follow up procedures
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- General knowledge of medical terminology
Vaccine requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19
KARL STORZ is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall response to COVID-19.
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the employee’s first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Statement
KARL STORZ is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ’s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral fees.