Full Job Description
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management
WM Insurance & Retirement Solutions – Annuity Specialist, Vice President
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.8 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management serves clients across the entire wealth spectrum. It includes the Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities, and Chase Wealth Management. The Wealth Management Insurance and Retirement Solutions (IRS) organization lives at the intersection of goals based planning and delivering improved lifestyle outcomes. Our products, tools, and thought leadership are designed to help strengthen our client’s financial health and achieve peace of mind in retirement by offering tax-advantaged asset growth, guaranteed income, and financial security for their families and businesses.
Overview of Role:
The Annuity Specialist will lead a team of Specialists and also provide support to advisors across Wealth Management at J.P. Morgan (Chase Wealth Management, JPMorgan Securities, and the Private Bank) on utilizing annuity solutions to meet client investment and income needs around the Goals Based Advice Framework and is responsible for covering an assigned geographic territory. The ability to work across the lines of business and across functions is paramount in delivering a world-class offering and client experience. The candidate will be familiar with the annuity and retirement industry, and can effectively manage between sales and service support needs of the product.
- Manages a region while maintaining an entrepreneurial attitude in the daily territory management and partnership with advisors
- Monitors calls to ensure proper phone coverage at all times and providing on-going call support
- Proactively implements call improvements and enhancements while assessing the need for ongoing training based on product development and industry changes
- Develops and manages advisor campaigns and tracks success results based on statistical data from key performance indicators
- Responsible for building new and maintaining existing relationships with advisors to increase adoption of annuity solutions – ensuring trust from advisors is crucial for the successful execution of the job
- Conduct calls with financial advisors and clients to educate on annuity products – additionally, actively consult and advise advisors to provide them with value-added strategies to increase advisor adoption
- Collaborate with advisors to include annuities in goals based plans for clients; ability to educate advisors on financial products and the process of delivering annuity solutions
- Provide proactive and reactive advice and guidance to advisors around structuring annuity solutions for clients
- Coordinating, planning, and presenting educational webinars for advisors in addition to other marketing campaigns
- Maintain an effective relationship with internal and external partners in order to drive annuity solutions, develop deeper relationships and deliver Goals Based Advice solutions for clients
- Actively participates and contributes to the goals and objectives of the firm by working collaboratively and fostering a positive and inclusive work environment
- Organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and lead a team
- Strong leadership skills with entrepreneurial mindset
- Must have organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, including a high degree of professionalism
- Must have MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
- Research and analysis skills, with ability to synthesize and interpret data
- Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and ability to work under pressure
- Stresses critical thinking and logic when problem solving; can think creatively and “out of the box”
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years within financial services the Private Bank preferably and a leadership role
- Experience in working with advisors a plus
- Excellent relationship building, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Self-driven and independent worker with a sense of urgency and drive towards results
- FINRA 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) required
- Active Life & Health insurance license
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans