The Global Markets Innovation team is responsible for catalyzing innovation across the Markets organization within the Corporate & Investment Bank. We work with Markets Technology & Product leadership to assess the business and technology potential of emerging, innovative products, help define forward-looking digital strategies, and lead a range of implementation methods (i.e. build, buy, partner, etc.) to accelerate modernization and unlock new commercial opportunities.
New technologies and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. As an integral member of the Global Markets Innovation team, you will have the opportunity to help drive change from inside the largest investment bank in the world. We are at the forefront of an exciting and transformational part of the firm – the intersection between traditional financial services, product innovation, digital strategy, and emerging trends and opportunities in enterprise technology and fintech. We are committed to embracing innovation and disruption and are looking for very talented multidisciplinary people to join our team.
We focus across the following activities: (1) Scanning the external landscape for new/emerging technologies and companies, and engaging directly with the ecosystem, (2) Managing the assessment of new products and solutions in partnership with internal stakeholders, and generating evidence-based recommendations, (3) Creating business cases and selecting an implementation and partnering plan in collaboration with senior stakeholders, (4) Defining strategies that span opportunities for medium/long-term technology and commercial differentiation, (5) Championing a culture of innovation across the Markets organization
- Scan the global ecosystem for fintech, enterprise software, and other innovative technology products
- Meet companies, compile research, and comparatively evaluate emerging products against our strategic priorities
- Become an expert in emerging technology trends and insights
- Lead and influence projects, plan strategic initiatives, and manage stakeholder engagement with external partners, business stakeholders, and technology executives
- Develop business cases and lead commercial analysis of potential product adoption
- Influence decisions on digital strategy, client engagement, product roadmaps, and implementations of innovative technologies and business models at the bank
- Track the team’s book of work, build executive dashboards, and generate management reports
- Develop new innovation programs that can further foster idea development and commercial product creation
Skills and Qualifications
- Professional experience in Corporate Strategy, Management Consulting, Enterprise Startups, Venture Capital and/or Corporate Innovation
- Commercial acumen and passion for technology
- Analytical skills and advanced ability with Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional client management and executive-level communication skills
- Ability to communicate concrete recommendations and defend their rationale
- Proven track record of planning and driving multiple projects in parallel, anticipating risk, articulating deliverables, and meeting deadlines
- Adaptable team player with a can-do attitude and a demonstrated passion for learning
Qualifications that will set you apart
- Experience working with global teams, and leading change in organizations that are large, complex, cross-functional, and ever-evolving
- Knowledge of enterprise technology, fintech, product management, and trends in digital
- Experience with capital markets businesses
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.