Job Identification: 210191731
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies, and initiatives that align with the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and that support communities where we do business. CR includes Global Philanthropy (GP), Global Government Relations, Sustainability, Market Strategy, and Research and Policy, which comprises both the JPMC Institute and JPMC PolicyCenter.
The JPMorgan Chase PolicyCenter seeks to hire a Policy Associate in its Washington, D.C., office. This individual will advance a public policy agenda that drives inclusive growth, with a focus on housing affordability, local economic development, and cross-sector investment. S/he will report to the Policy Lead for Affordable Housing and support other Policy Lead portfolios, with a concentration on local policy and engagement.
- Identify and track promising public policy and legislative opportunities to increase economic opportunity and drive inclusive growth at the local, state, and federal level.
- Translate complex research, analysis, and data into accessible content—such as briefs, memos, presentations, or other advocacy materials—and concrete policy recommendations.
- Provide project management support for the PolicyCenter’s high-priority portfolios.
- Assist in stakeholder engagement to advance policy recommendations and position the firm as a thought leader, including organizing policymaker briefings and policy convenings with strategic partners.
- Support and participate in coalitions of industry, business, and community partners to develop and advance policy objectives.
- Support and maintain effective relationships and communication channels with JPMC business leaders and CR colleagues in order to strengthen development and execution of local policy or investment strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum 3 years of relevant experience in public policy, government, non-profit advocacy, or related field focused on economic policy.
- Experience supporting the design, advocacy, and advancement of policies that increase economic opportunity for excluded groups, populations, and communities.
- Results-oriented with demonstrated organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to understand and effectively communicate a broad range of public policy issues.
- Experience building relationships and coalitions with a variety of stakeholders on issues related to creating economic opportunity and driving inclusive growth.
- Experience interacting with executive management and senior leaders preferred.
- Experience successfully designing, advocating, and advancing affordable housing policy at the federal, state, or local level considered a plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.