The Sustainability team is seeking a Chief of Staff to help lead day-to-day management and execution of the department and support the Global Head of Sustainability in strategic decision making, resourcing and other key initiatives. The ideal candidate will have sustainability/sustainable finance expertise; superior judgment and executive presence; and be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that entails working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Sustainability Team & Corporate Responsibility:
The Sustainability team is responsible for the development and implementation of JPMorgan Chase’s enterprise-wide sustainability strategy, which spans the firm’s financing activities and operations. Through this work, the team manages several key priorities, including: the development and implementation of firmwide sustainability and climate-related commitments; internal and external reporting and communications on environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters; client, investor and stakeholder engagement on ESG; sustainability grantmaking; reputation risk management; and operational sustainability management.
The Sustainability team is part of JPMorgan Chase’s Corporate Responsibility (CR) department, whose mission is to advance a stronger, more durable and safe financial system and an inclusive economy and society for clients, customers and communities around the world. In addition to Sustainability, CR includes teams focused on policy and regulatory affairs, global philanthropy, impact finance, community engagement and data analysis and research. The Sustainability team works closely with these groups across CR as well as with senior executives and partners in the lines of business (LOBs), Risk Management, Corporate Strategy, Legal, Treasury, Investor Relations, Global Real Estate and others on a day-to-day basis.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Chief of Staff will report to the Global Head of Sustainability, with a dotted line to the Corporate Responsibility Finance and Business Management team, helping to lead and drive a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Supporting the Global Head of Sustainability in managing the team and its priorities; coordinating day-to-day activities and tracking critical initiatives and deliverables
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration and efficiency across the team, helping to connect dots and foster clear and concise communications flow within the team and with other partners
- Coordinating the development of strategic presentations, briefings, memos and talking points for the Global Head of Sustainability, as well as for other senior executives and Board members
- Developing impact measurement and executive management reporting frameworks that communicate sustainability progress and impact across the firm
- Managing agendas and follow ups for key internal meetings, including senior leadership meetings, and Sustainability team meetings, strategic planning sessions and team retreats/offsites
- Serving as a key point of contact for inquiries from various stakeholders including the Executive Office, LOB partners and clients
- Managing the team’s budget, including forecasting resourcing and headcount needs
- Leading recruiting and new-hire onboarding efforts for the team, and identifying and coordinating opportunities for team-wide learning and professional development; and
- Supporting the Sustainability team on special projects, as needed
We are seeking a candidate with following qualifications and skills:
- 8+ years of experience in sustainability, policy and/or consulting/strategy roles;
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, work collaboratively with others, and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners
- Exceptional writing and verbal presentation skills, with the ability to distill and communicate complex details into consumable insights
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including attention to detail and follow-through
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial, with the ability to think creatively and excel in a high-performance work environment
- Excellent judgment
- Mastery of core Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department mission is to advance a stronger, more durable and safe financial system and an inclusive economy and society for clients, customers and communities around the world. The department includes sub-departments focused on policy advocacy and lobbying, philanthropy, sustainability, impact finance, community engagement and data analysis and research.