Job Identification: 210185814
The CCB Human Resources Talent Development team delivers high quality solutions for developing and retaining talent across the Consumer and Community Bank, which is comprised of the following lines of business: Consumer Banking, Business Banking, Home Lending, Auto, Card Services and Connected Commerce, Marketing, Communications, Technology, Operations, Product and Controls.
The team partners with the HR executives, firmwide partners, and senior business leaders to deliver a strategic talent development agenda to drive business value through leadership development, building professional skills, overall capabilities, and effectiveness.
As part of this team, the Development Manager will partner with CCBs Talent and Development executives, firmwide talent partners, talent advisors and HR business advisors to implement and execute talent initiatives across CCB and the firm. Talent initiatives are focused on delivery of talent management, succession planning and readiness, promotion process oversight, executive performance management, leadership effectiveness, and other CCB talent and performance related processes.
The individual will bring broad Human Resources experience along with advanced skills to support an executive talent agenda and talent data and analytics oversight required to deliver initiatives in support of talent development and readiness.
- Partner with CCBs Talent and Development executives to deliver talent initiatives across CCB and in partnership with firmwide talent partners to:
- Progress a consistent Talent Management framework across CCB by providing guidance, resources, and an education strategy for the Talent Advisor and HR Business Advisor communities.
- Implement and execute talent solutions aimed at the delivery of talent management, succession planning and readiness, promotion processes across CCB including the adoption and use of firmwide tools, resources, and reporting
- Provide guidance, resources and an education strategy for the Talent Advisor and HR Business Advisor community to help drive a self-service culture for talent reviews with the goal of increasing manager engagement
- Deliver talent management and succession related activities that support CCB and firmwide initiatives which include:
- Management of CCB talent review processes along with the coordination, execution, and delivery of materials
- Executive talent management and performance development process management and oversight
- Process owner and subject matter expert for CCBs Managing Director promotion processes including centralized data collection, candidate vetting and validation, communications coordination, and management and implementation of post-promotion activities
- ED and below promotion process SME and lead for communication related activities
- Provide strategic oversight and management of talent systems and data used across the firmwide talent and CCB Talent organizations. This includes system access oversight, data management and oversight of key talent initiatives and processes, and cross CCB talent and performance related reporting
- Manage a small team focused on day to day operations, systems, and data and analytics
- Minimum of 5+ years Talent Management, Learning & Development, Organizational Development, Consulting and/or HR Business Partner experience in a fast-paced corporate environment; financial services industry experience a plus
- Ability to partner across a large, global firm (e.g., across LOBs, regions, functions, levels)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient data analysis skills (quantitative and qualitative) and ability to identify themes/trends
- Strong Project Management skills
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel and Word – ability to build senior level presentations and materials
- Ability to summarize large amounts of data into a compelling story and tailor message to audience
- Ability to deliver results accurately, quickly, and efficiently while adapting to shifting priorities
- Experience in and affinity for process and solution design and implementation including controls management, in an operational and project setting
- Experience in controls and data management including quality and reporting
- Strong process-orientation; builds effective processes, seeks to integrate work and improve process design effectiveness, outcomes and employee experience
- Understands big picture and effectively translates into tactical action plans for their team
- Is adaptable, resourceful, and nimble, with a bias for urgency and results; knows when work is done enough and moves forward
- Possesses excellent judgement, recognizing importance and urgency of items
- A quick study who assimilates knowledge and know-how to drive decisions and action
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Everything we do as a firm hinges on our ability to hire, empower and retain the best people. Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing and managing people strategies, using the latest in data analytics and technology to deliver industry-leading services. This includes Talent Acquisition, Training, Talent Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance and HR Service Delivery.