Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Director, Global Category Leader – Professional Education, Learning & Development. The position can be based on-site in New Brunswick, Raritan or Titusville New Jersey with expected travel between sites.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 140,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Category Leader, Professional Education, Learning & Development leads a procurement organization with several direct reports as well as a matrixed dotted line organization of regional category managers in support of approximately $370 million in addressable spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies.
The category scope includes learning and development for Johnson & Johnson’s employees and contractors as well as professional education of external customers (primarily health care providers). This spend is highly complex in nature and requires close collaboration with partners to execute. This leader will develop, direct and implement procurement strategies and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance.
The Global Category Leader will provide global and regional leadership across end-to-end category accountabilities including category strategy development, business partner engagement, sourcing, contracting, negotiating and supplier management.
The scope of responsibilities for this role includes:
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for categories of spend that enable long-range business outcomes and improve value for J&J partners
- Engage directly with supplier CEO’s and other senior leadership to assure J&J and supplier objectives are aligned and met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Acts as a business engagement leader, identifying business demand requirements and delivering annual value improvements and competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management, improvement of end-to-end value and innovation
- Identify, develop and advise the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Identify and raise risks that may impact business outcomes.
- Seek to optimize category and functional performance by collaborating with other Global Category Leads and Global Services to optimize efficiency, cost and effectiveness.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA/Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience is required
- Proficient in core procurement areas of focus (e.g., Category Management, Business Engagement and Supplier Management).
- Prior people management experience to include performance evaluations and talent development is required. Consistent track record in attracting and developing talent
- Multi-country and multi-sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses.
- Strong leadership, vison-setting, communication, influencing, collaboration skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives.
- Ability to show judgment and creativity in developing when resolving issues
- Advanced relationship management abilities at the leadership level including customer orientation is required
- Strong project and organizational change capabilities. Prior success as a change architect and implementing significant change
- Strong ability to set strategy direction is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to expertly present complex information. Strong executive presence.
- High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of partners (e.g., Business, Procurement, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
- Demonstrates courageous leadership and ability to influence
- High degree of business acumen and proven team-building and cross-functional leadership skills
- Proven examples of delivering step function performance and ability to develop visions, strategies, etc. while managing reasonable risk
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
- May require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)