Full Job Description
The Business Development Associate will help develop business strategies for new ventures, partnerships, and investments for JOANN. This role is both analytical and partner facing, which will require in depth time in quantitative analysis as well as presenting and interfacing with internal and external stakeholders. Cross-functional collaboration is critical to the success of this role and to ensure success in the new business opportunities JOANN is pursuing
- Engage current and potential partners on JOANN collaboration, investment, and strategic alignment.
- Ensure strong project plans are built that outline business requirements, dependencies, roles and responsibilities, timelines, milestones, and success criteria.
- Communicate overall project status, decisions, issues and risks; effectively tailoring communications for appropriate audiences.
- Develop strong business partnerships with key functional area leaders, including but not limited to: IT, Marketing, Merchandising, Finance, Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Store Ops, etc.
- Investigate, research, and vet new business opportunities that could provide strategic and financial upside for JOANN.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to work with large data sets, synthesizing data and creating recommendations to share with internal stakeholders
- Must be able to present to high level internal and external stakeholders (C-Level)
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills
- Must have experience interacting with many stakeholders to pull together diligence requests
- Must be comfortable dealing with a dynamic and shifting priority set (sometimes certain projects will require varying degrees of urgency)
- Nice to have background managing and/or leading complex projects
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education Minimum : 4 year Bachelors in Finance/Business
Education Preferred: MBA in Finance/Business
Experience Minimum: 3-5 years Experience in innovation, M&A, consulting, etc.
This position will be located at:
5555 Darrow Road Hudson, OH 44236
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.