Requisition ID 24524
We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
The focus of this team will be to provide a hub of specialist technical expertise on ESG Investment Research. The team will be structured by super-sector coverage, consistent with natural ESG risk and theme alignment across the corporate issuer opportunity set. The group will provide scalable thematic, industry and sovereign research. They will support investment teams across all asset classes by conducting independent research, with the corporate analysts on the team most closely supporting equity and credit analysts and portfolio managers. Analysis may focus on individual issuers or groups of issuers that are impacted by a particular theme. You must reside in Denver, CO or be willing to relocate to Denver for this position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and articulate an ESG assessment methodology for the industries in your assigned sector group.
- Conduct research independently and analyse specific issuers and themes within your assigned sector group.
- Undertake research visits / meetings with a wide range of companies, debt originators, and sell side analysts, as required.
- Publish research conclusions and company meeting notes on the internal research management system, and present those conclusions to your sector cohort across the credit and equity teams.
- You may be required to work with other teams to prepare presentations, investigate client queries and respond to other ad hoc requirements.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned.
Has responsibility for contributing to portfolios across Equities, Fixed Income and Multi Asset.
Technical skills and qualifications
- IMC or CFA desired (or studying towards)
- Degree educated in business, maths, finance, or sustainability discipline
- Previous experience covering a sector desired
- Knowledge of ESG metrics and their relevance to business performance
- Microsoft office skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other market data platforms
- Knowledge of main ESG and climate data sets desired
- Where relevant, language skills particular to geographies covered
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information quickly
Coping with pressure and setbacks
The base salary range for this position is $125,000 – $150,000. This range is estimated for this role. Actual pay may be different.
Annual Bonus Opportunity: Position is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus award from the profit pool. The profit pool is funded based on Company profits. Individual bonuses are determined based on Company, department, team and individual performance.
Benefits: Janus Henderson is committed to offering a comprehensive total rewards package to eligible employees that includes; competitive compensation, pension/retirement plans, and various health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits. To learn more about our offerings please visit the Why Join Us section on the career page here.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).